• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Tournament Thread

Great season without taking "injuries, etc..." into consideration. Swept Houston Classic, shared Big 12 regular season title, Big 12 Tourny semifinals, national seed and at the very least hosting a regional. Frogs are as well-positioned as they can be heading into the NCAA Tournament with every game at home 'til Omaha (if they can make it). Now they just need to rest up and play the games and see what happens. No need to be negative about this season.

Outstanding season, up to this point. I'll draw a comparison to hockey and my favorite team, 4-time Cup champs Pittsburgh. Got much further than anyone expected last year. Only the biggest Pens homer would have thought they had a chance to win the Cup last year. Even if they hadn't won last year, considering they fired their coach in December and used a goalie throughout the playoffs who never played an NHL game until February, a first round win would have been outstanding.

Flash forward to this year...preseason favorites to repeat. 19 returning players from last year. Veteran leadership. Two world class goalies. Then came the injuries. Then came the disappointing losses in games they had in the bag late. Sucks not to win the President's Cup but it's all about the post-season. Game 7 victory at Washington. Game 7 victory at home against Ottawa. Monday night they begin their quest to repeat. In February I would have told you this team needs some help and a lot of luck. Now cash dem outsigh, how bout dat?

Moral of the story: 1) Get to the tournament and ANYTHING can and will happen and 2) never underestimate the heart of a winner.

Outstanding season all things considered. Now it's time for the grownups to take the field. Go Damn Frogs.

frognutz

Tournament was as positive as it could be without a four-win championship. Great starting pitching, secured national seed, won three games when Skoug gets only two hits in five games. Holding breath on Brown.

Yep. In no world would I have wanted them starting their 2nd game of the day 20 minutes from now and limping into a 1:00 Sunday game vs OSU. We got what we needed. Everything worked out just fine.

Spike

Well that was a fun evening of baseball. This team is really solid in certain areas, but resembles a house of cards. Hoping they can get it together soon.

I hate losing to the University of Texas. EVER! ANY SPORT!!!! Go Cowboys!!!

purplecircle

Outstanding season, up to this point. I'll draw a comparison to hockey and my favorite team, 4-time Cup champs Pittsburgh. Got much further than anyone expected last year. Only the biggest Pens homer would have thought they had a chance to win the Cup last year. Even if they hadn't won last year, considering they fired their coach in December and used a goalie throughout the playoffs who never played an NHL game until February, a first round win would have been outstanding.

Flash forward to this year...preseason favorites to repeat. 19 returning players from last year. Veteran leadership. Two world class goalies. Then came the injuries. Then came the disappointing losses in games they had in the bag late. Sucks not to win the President's Cup but it's all about the post-season. Game 7 victory at Washington. Game 7 victory at home against Ottawa. Monday night they begin their quest to repeat. In February I would have told you this team needs some help and a lot of luck. Now cash dem outsigh, how bout dat?

Moral of the story: 1) Get to the tournament and ANYTHING can and will happen and 2) never underestimate the heart of a winner.

Outstanding season all things considered. Now it's time for the grownups to take the field. Go Damn Frogs.

Sorry..don't follow all the forums constantly; Phorm are you from Pittsburgh?

Big Frog II

Our starting pitchers pitched well, we won three games, and I think we cemented a national seed. We seem to be playing better now, and that's what's important.

Purp

Go back and look what he did last year, crazy good stats...I said all fall no way Lodolo would take his spot.

Biggest disappearing act I've ever seen.
That girl got so far into his head he basically went Rick Ankiel on us. Hope he can pull a C Wan and turn a one and a half season slide around and return to form next year. I'll be surprised if he's still on the roster next year, though.

Pharm Frog

Frogs go back to 7th in RPI. Figure that's where it'll end up. Stanford is done. Ville is done. LSU plays Arkie tomorrow and a loss may drop them behind the Frogs. The margins are so close that other teams W-Ls may be enough to shift the Frogs but I think 7th is the floor.

Casey T

TLDR

GlendarrochFrog

Didn't realize this was an ESL thread.