• The KillerFrogs

BIG 12 SEC today

LVH

We had a legit #3 seed in our sights this morning, now without Miles and Lampkin for forseeable future- I’m really worried our seed drops considerably. Ugh
The committee takes injuries into account, but we are going to have to play lights out when those 2 come back for it to factor in

Eight

they can only control what is in front of them and do what they can with the players who suit up each night, nothing profound in any of that

people want to speculate on seeds, but the big key is getting people back and getting into the tournament, yes, a more favorable seed would be beneficial, but this is why you don't drop games against nw state with only baugh out or those three games in conference play that were winnable.

frogs had some control in each of those and didn't get in done, a couple three of those games would be really nice to have but that door has closed and the focus now is get people well and get into the tournament

LVH

The small guard, Shakeel Moore #3, for State canned back-to-back threes at the end regulation. He was only hitting 22% from three this year.
And the shot that turned the game around - down 1 in OT, we forced a deflection, but it deflected right into the hands of a Mississippi State player who was wide open for 3 and buried it

Tired of losing games on errant deflections and offensive rebounds after a good defensive possession. 3rd time this year its happened

Eight

And the shot that turned the game around - down 1 in OT, we forced a deflection, but it deflected right into the hands of a Mississippi State player who was wide open for 3 and buried it

Tired of losing games on errant deflections and offensive rebounds after a good defensive possession. 3rd time this year its happened

easy to point to a single play such as the iowa state game but that was the game in which the frogs missed 12 free throws and had 18 to's

they didn't lose that game because of an errant pass or a missed rebound, just like in the other games they have lost there is a common theme

I misspoke, Moore’s back-to-back threes were beginning the OT, the second one may be the deflection you are referring to.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Disappointing loss obviously. Maybe I've got eternal purple glasses on here but I actually think the way they played today was encouraging considering they were missing Miles and Lampkin. I'm not sure what some of you were expecting when Mike went out. I personally thought we were on the way to a 10 - 20 point loss.

And I'm not concerned at all about seeding. Just need the team to be healthy when the tournament comes and they can beat anybody.

arizonafrog12

Disappointing loss obviously. Maybe I've got eternal purple glasses on here but I actually think the way they played today was encouraging considering they were missing Miles and Lampkin. I'm not sure what some of you were expecting when Mike went out. I personally thought we were on the way to a 10 - 20 point loss.

And I'm not concerned at all about seeding. Just need the team to be healthy when the tournament comes and they can beat anybody.
Sure, we CAN beat anybody but we seem to always go two steps forward against good teams and one or two steps back against poor teams… I trust our team to do better playing a top 10 team than a bottom 10 team in CBB at this point

Wexahu

Right. Seeding impacts one game, that’s pretty much it. It’s really not that big a deal at all once the ref tosses the ball in the air.

Crazy stats — State’s big man, Tolu Smith, is 6’11” 245 lb and took full advantage playing 37 minutes with 27 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks. His season averages are 27 minutes, 13 points, 9 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 0.8 blocks.

Would have been a good matchup experience for Lampkin. Without him, TCU needs to figure out how to adjust in the paint against a good big man. Lampkin muscling up on him would have very much helped defending him, and neutralizing Smith’s defense in the paint a bit too.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Sure, we CAN beat anybody but we seem to always go two steps forward against good teams and one or two steps back against poor teams… I trust our team to do better playing a top 10 team than a bottom 10 team in CBB at this point
Do you honestly think we lose that game if Miles and Lampkin are out there? We probably win by 20.

I think some of the good things that guys did today get lost in the final result but I didn't see a team take a step back today. I saw a team without 2 of its most important players struggling to get very many breaks to go their way that was able to will themselves almost all the way to a victory on the road.

BleedNPurple

Crazy stat — State’s bIG man, Tolu Smith, is 6’11” 245 lb. and his season averages are 27 minutes, 13 points, 9 rebounds,

Today they took full advantage and played Smith 37 minutes and he was the star; 27 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 blocks.

Would have been a good matchup experience for Lampkin.
Lampkin would have rolled him! Missed his underneath points. With Miles out there went 20 more points.