• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

NewFrogFan

Let the west coast slide into the ocean. I think tv networks are way over estimating how much fan interest there will be in some of these new situations.

The guys doing SEC tourney spoke to this as it relates to baseball and SoCal baseball players playing on the road in Big 10 cities early in the season.

82 Frog Fever

Let the west coast slide into the ocean. I think tv networks are way over estimating how much fan interest there will be in some of these new situations.

The guys doing SEC tourney spoke to this as it relates to baseball and SoCal baseball players playing on the road in Big 10 cities early in the season.
Not sure what you mean.
USC vs. Mich., OSU, Penn St, is 6 million viewers each
UCLA against any of those teams is 4 million each
USC or UCLA vs. Neb, MSU, or Wisc. is 4 million each
Throw in USC Vs UCLA and that’s a lot of tier 1 football potential from adding only 2 teams.

Fully agree with letting the west coast slide into the ocean.

NewFrogFan

Not sure what you mean.
USC vs. Mich., OSU, Penn St, is 6 million viewers each
UCLA against any of those teams is 4 million each
USC or UCLA vs. Neb, MSU, or Wisc. is 4 million each
Throw in USC Vs UCLA and that’s a lot of tier 1 football potential from adding only 2 teams.

Fully agree with letting the west coast slide into the ocean.
Baseball, baseball, baseball.

OICU812

Dennis Dodd saying CU in “substantive” talks with B12. No idea how good his sources are, but two interesting points: Equal revenue share(ok I guess, as long as the tv gods increase funding to cover it) and must be Deion-Approved. That’s kind of a wow for me. Practically speaking, if they are at that point it means the PAC is failing and there really isn’t a choice, but to put that out there publicly is, ummm, “interesting.”

Limey Frog

Dennis Dodd saying CU in “substantive” talks with B12. No idea how good his sources are, but two interesting points: Equal revenue share(ok I guess, as long as the tv gods increase funding to cover it) and must be Deion-Approved. That’s kind of a wow for me. Practically speaking, if they are at that point it means the PAC is failing and there really isn’t a choice, but to put that out there publicly is, ummm, “interesting.”
Here's the link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-big-12-as-buffaloes-consider-leaving-pac-12/

Not really new info, but it sounds like talks are in the contractual details stage. That doesn't mean Colorado will pull the trigger and wouldn't sign a Pac 12 media contract if a good one landed in front of them to sign, but it at least means that their institution's leadership isn't at all confident that an adequate Pac 12 deal is coming.

Froginbedford

Moose Stuff

The best players in So Cal pretty much all leave the state to play college baseball. There were like 8 starting SS in the SEC from California last year. USC is about the only school out there trying to keep up with the NIL game and basically none of the programs out there have even remotely nice facilities.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The best players in So Cal pretty much all leave the state to play college baseball. There were like 8 starting SS in the SEC from California last year. USC is about the only school out there trying to keep up with the NIL game and basically none of the programs out there have even remotely nice facilities.
It was not so long ago that UCLA had a fabulous program, yet their baseball facility held about 2,500 fans. Crazy!

Double D

Tier 1
Just saw on Fox 4 in DFW that Colorado is in talks to rejoin Big 12. However they said that Colorado will only do it if Coach PRIME approves.

82 Frog Fever

Just saw on Fox 4 in DFW that Colorado is in talks to rejoin Big 12. However they said that Colorado will only do it if Coach PRIME approves.
That’s sorta weird since Deion has nearly been pushing the move.
Part of his plan has always been to rebuild Col. with restored recruiting links to Texas & Okla. He believes he can recruit Texas better than anyone else.

Big Frog II

It was not so long ago that UCLA had a fabulous program, yet their baseball facility held about 2,500 fans. Crazy!
Their baseball "stadium" named after the legendary Jackie Robinson is no better than the high school stadiums around here. It's certainly not to the standards of who is is named after or the teams success.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Their baseball "stadium" named after the legendary Jackie Robinson is no better than the high school stadiums around here. It's certainly not to the standards of who is is named after or the teams success.
What I remember was a beautiful setting, with towering eucalyptus trees, and a very small seating arrangement. IIRC, it was built long ago when few attended College Baseball games.