• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Creeperfrog

Not sure who said it, but the Austin to San Antonio is a lot of ppl. At the same time you would have to compare that with Dallas to waco. I don't like that. Fort worth is fort worth. Dallas is Dallas. Austin is Austin.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
gerald-j-ford-stadium-is-located-in-dallas-texas-36348

Limey Frog

It's exciting to be right on the verge of finally obtaining something you've worked so hard and for so long to earn
Right, like when you guys finished in the top 10 a bunch of times then won a Rose Bowl were somewhat consistently better than Tulane.

The CBSSports summary of the situation is pretty jarring reading: https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ary-before-league-inks-new-media-rights-deal/

The Pac is not in a good spot. It isn't going to die right now, perhaps never. SMU joining is a major upgrade for the Ponies and a major downgrade for the Pac. A lot of people would say the same thing for the Big XII regarding the four new members as substitutes for Oklahoma and Texas. On paper the two leagues are in very similar situations, but as I wrote earlier, I am confident that the Big XII is trending up with its additions. We come out of our shakeup with greater unanimity, coherence, and general happiness. SMU and SDSU to the Pac feels like the bare-majority decision of committee to place a Band-aid on a gaping shrapnel wound. One fifth of that committee doesn't want to go to hospital because they believe in the afterlife. Instead of Nirvana they're going to get conference football games vs. SMU. Lolz.

Last edited:

HG73

Colorado’s research expenditures have increased 300 million annually since fleeing the Big XII for the PAC. They aren’t turning around now unless the Big Ten guts the PAC.
I heard that blowhard with the speech impediment going on about that. CO doubled its research money but they have been in the PAC for 11 years. Just a 9% annual increase (not compounded). Hard to believe any big research gains coming just because of a conference change.

Limey Frog

I heard that blowhard with the speech impediment going on about that. CO doubled its research money but they have been in the PAC for 11 years. Just a 9% annual increase (not compounded). Hard to believe any big research gains coming just because of a conference change.
Right. What is the average annual research budget gain over the past 11 years for all R1 state institutions? I'll bet it's pretty close to 9%. Look up UNM's, I'm guessing it's gone up steadily. If it has, should the Pac 12 add the Lobos?