• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Gets a Network

TCUdirtbag

A radio network that is.

The new channel’s programming will feature exclusive new shows hosted by former Big 12 athletes as well as journalists and conference insiders. The daily schedule will include Big 12 This Morning (weekdays, 8:00-11:00am ET/7:00-10:00 am CT) and the afternoon drive show, Big 12 Today (weekdays, 4:00-7:00 pm ET/3:00-6:00 pm CT).

Hosts on the channel will include former Iowa State standout QB Dave Archer; former Oklahoma defensive lineman and 1985 Lombardi Award winner Tony Casillas; former Oklahoma offensive lineman Gabe Ikard; as well as Holly Rowe, Fran Fraschilla, Tom Luginbill, Matt Schick and Ari Temkin.

Listeners will also hear weekly college coaches shows, press conferences, classic game broadcasts, coverage of future Big 12 Media Days, as well as curated, Big 12-specific highlights.

Note each P5 conference has or is getting a dedicated SiriusXM channel.

Mean Purple

I have been listening to the ACC morning show on their ACC channel. Mainly because it hosted my Mark Packer and Wes Durham. It has been really good. So I hope they pick the right hosts for the Big 12 channel. SEC channel is the usual espn suspects. PAC 12 channel is pretty good.

Ron Swanson

WigglySlushyGrasshopper-size_restricted.gif

flyfishingfrog

Really like Tom Luginbill - always thought his dad was a pretty good coach and seemed like a nice guy also, but Tom is definitely one of my favorite sports radio personalities.

Wexahu

Just saw Casillas was a host ont he Big 12 channel. meh

Man, if you're talking Tony, that guy is terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE. It's embarrassing, whenever he's a guest on a show I just can't listen, he struggles to even put a coherent sentence together. Sounds like a total meathead. I hope you're talking about another Casillas.

Mean Purple

Man, if you're talking Tony, that guy is terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE. It's embarrassing, whenever he's a guest on a show I just can't listen, he struggles to even put a coherent sentence together. Sounds like a total meathead. I hope you're talking about another Casillas.
Hosts on the channel will include former Iowa State standout QB Dave Archer; former Oklahoma defensive lineman and 1985 Lombardi Award winner Tony Casillas; former Oklahoma offensive lineman Gabe Ikard; as well as Holly Rowe, Fran Fraschilla, Tom Luginbill, Matt Schick and Ari Temkin.

Mean Purple

Is this XM channel 199 or 200? And when does the programming start?
SiriusXM Big 12 Radio will launch on October 22 and will be available exclusively to SiriusXM subscribers via the SiriusXM app, on connected devices including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Sony PlayStation, Roku and more, and on select SiriusXM radios (channel 375).

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Eh. Just more ESPN schtick. They've already ruined what was a decent College Football channel in the Redneck and Peckerwood Channel by buying it and changing it to ESPNU. Now it's all the same narratives and b.s. Oh, and the Wizards of Smart in programming who put on Gameday on Saturday mornings on the radio. Yeah. That's brilliant programming...

ESPN ruins everything it touches, and they are seemingly sparing no expense to retain their hammerlock on all things Collegiate Sports.