• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 fines TCU $50,000 for field-storming after blowout upset of Oklahoma football

Endless Purple

I feel cheated.

At least when Tech rushed the field they got to push around some UT football player with only the same penalty as TCU. Next time push the OU players around when stoming the field if the fine is only for the act of getting on the field.

Horny4TCU

I wonder what the fine is for streaking...

streaking will ferrell GIF

PurpleBlood87

I suppose it's a liability issue. I thought I saw where KU students went down on the field again last Saturday but the had to go through a rope tunnel. Not really the same but whatever works.

NF
They had a rope up behind the OU bench area. The problem is the stands are so close bench area it didn't work.

East Coast

Tier 1
Did the kids really “storm the field”? Admittedly I didn’t stay til the end because it was a blowout and some of the people I was with have mobility issues. I know that I wouldn’t have as a student (though I probably would have after the 2014 OU win)

There is a difference between storming and streaming onto the field to celebrate.

Did the kids really “storm the field”? Admittedly I didn’t stay til the end because it was a blowout and some of the people I was with have mobility issues. I know that I wouldn’t have as a student (though I probably would have after the 2014 OU win)

There is a difference between storming and streaming onto the field to celebrate.
Not sure I understand the difference, but using any definition they stormed the field. I was kinda surprised, especially given the score and how long and anticlimactic the fourth quarter was.

WIN

Fans storm field, someone gets hurt. You don't thing the plaintiff's attorney is going to sue the Big 12 as well as TCU. This is a liability protection move to show that the Conference has been trying to discourage this action.
Yes, we should pepper spray all that attempt.