• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 fines TCU $50,000 for field-storming after blowout upset of Oklahoma football

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Not liking Yormark at this point. Hopefully he can solidly the conference for the long term and then maybe I’ll change my mind.
I'm not sure what impact he has on fines like this. But, it sure is what we used to call "chicken [ Finebaum ]" in nature.

froglash88

I'm not sure what impact he has on fines like this. But, it sure is what we used to call "chicken [ Finebaum ]" in nature.
“Ensuring a safe environment for all players, coaches, officials and support staff is paramount,” Big 12 Conference Commissioner Brett Yormark said in a statement from conference. “Although well intended, the TCU event management policy did not provide for the protection of all game participants. There is no tolerance for any act that compromises safety, and it is the responsibility of home game management to deliver security measures so the visiting team and game officials can safely exit the field.”

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
“Ensuring a safe environment for all players, coaches, officials and support staff is paramount,” Big 12 Conference Commissioner Brett Yormark said in a statement from conference. “Although well intended, the TCU event management policy did not provide for the protection of all game participants. There is no tolerance for any act that compromises safety, and it is the responsibility of home game management to deliver security measures so the visiting team and game officials can safely exit the field.”
I stand corrected.

NORMLFROG

I suppose it's a liability issue. I thought I saw where KU students went down on the field again last Saturday but the had to go through a rope tunnel. Not really the same but whatever works.

NF

helcap

Fans storm field, someone gets hurt. You don't thing the plaintiff's attorney is going to sue the Big 12 as well as TCU. This is a liability protection move to show that the Conference has been trying to discourage this action.