• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

TCUWIN

Big games. That's it and the money. OU, Aggy, Piggy. When I was a student, those were the big games. We only have one currently and it's always in Dallas. We have no good home games with traditional rivals. It's all about drawing interest.

I like TCU. I grew up in Ft. Worth. I would love for TCU to go to the B1G. I know the ESPN talking heads love Sundance Square. I think Gameday is there at least once every year. Getting Michigan and some Big 10 teams in Ft Worth would be fun.

I used to party with Sonny on the Double T at PK. Hope he does well. TCU has always been his dream job btw.
Now why did you do this? I kind of like you now! Lol.

OICU812

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor
UTerus Football: “Doing less with more, since 1893.”

HornyWartyToad

Thanks for the assist there, bro... so, ah... ah ... not for the competition, huh.?.
You really think if they could be sure the money would be better, long-term, in the WAC, or AAC, or SWAC, they wouldn't do it? Kind of a hard sell for a team that hasn't won a conference in 15+ years to look around and say, "Yeah we need tougher competition." lol

froginaustin

We were already too much competition for them. Hell Kansas was too much lately. SEC is only about $$. They are about to become competitively irrelevant.

A large enrollment, flagship state university of a big state, rich, tradition-bound college football program can never be irrelevant.

Ask Minnesota or Rutgers. Or maybe some others that I can't remember at all.

HG73

considering cal's last national title was in the 30's i am not sure they have a great deal of tradition and they don't have resources
I would take CAL in a second. Big state flagship punching bag. #6 TV market. State of California. Ex: University of Texas. Gavin will make the B1G take CAL to get USC/UCLA. Good for us, without CAL, USC & UCLA the PAC is the AAA Pacific Coast League.

Limey Frog

Gavin will make the B1G take CAL to get USC/UCLA.
That would be fantastic for the Big 12.

Cal joining the Big 12 instead, no thanks. The Bay Area may look enticing, but having a member institution in your conference be governed by people who hate the people at most of the others and feel defiled by any association with them is not a recipe for success. I'd rather not have to put up with the kind of nutter who can't tell the difference between snake-handling fundamentalists and TCU, Baylor, and BYU.

Ok, I'll give you BYU...

I remember when the SWC broke up and Texas said it would like to continue playing TCU...of course, that was before the arrival of GP and the Frogs had only that bizarre 23-14 win at ACS in 1992....TCU AD Frank Windegger said there would be no games with UT since the Horns were the ones who left....That lasted until 2007 when UT embarrassed the Frogs on TV 34-13 in Austin....Then came the Big 12 membership and the 7-3 record in TCU's favor....Texas may clamor for a game against TCU if the New Big 12 proves to bury the Frogs in another ice age like 1968-1994 and UT needs some wins for bowl eligibility....Object: Never say never.....

I believe we we either winning or tied going into the 4th quarter but the we had a snap fly over the head of the punter and it snowballed from there.

HG73

Gavin can't make the B1G do anything. Plus he can't prevent USC from going, USC could choose not to go without UCLA. Just swap UCLA with Stanford and the B1G is good to go.

Don't want any public state schools from California. It will be like a whole state of Baylors who will threaten legal action if they don't get their way.
He's the governor of California and chairman of the board of regents of the University of California system. I have read that he can't officially forbid the move, but he can sure apply pressure if he wants something. Especially if he can get some of the other regents on his side. An extra $70mil for CAL will probably galvanize the board into supporting B1G membership. Just sayin', if the governor gets pissed about this it could go sideways in a hurry.

Eight

He's the governor of California and chairman of the board of regents of the University of California system. I have read that he can't officially forbid the move, but he can sure apply pressure if he wants something. Especially if he can get some of the other regents on his side. An extra $70mil for CAL will probably galvanize the board into supporting B1G membership. Just sayin', if the governor gets pissed about this it could go sideways in a hurry.

doesn't cal have to first get an invitation from the big 10 before their leaving for the big 10 be considered a real possibility