• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

asleep003

The last ten years of college football industry jockeying have proved that the market dynamics tilt toward the east. We don't want to be on the West Coast for the sake of being on the West Coast; you'd do it for USC, but you shouldn't do it for Cal. If they're interested, we want the four schools whose names are being consistently mentioned, then we need to wait on what happens to the ACC. within a year or two we might be picking up several of Nc State, Pitt, Syracue, BC, GT, VT, Louisville, etc.
Miami

Cougar/Frog

I would rather add Cal than Utah. It would be the XII's Rutgers. Sure Cal sucks, but it gets a huge tv market.

Utah would not add a TV market.

ticketfrog123

And the Big 12 ends up with 16 (not counting the two we are slamming the door on as they walk away). How big do we go? And why that number?
We stop at 18 or 20. Schedules get terrible after that. Play your division + X number of games against teams from other division.

1 OOC game per year + Big 12 title game at Cowboys

For this reason, I think we only take 2 teams from PAC 12 and wait for ACC. Oregon and Utah are first choice.

Interest in UW or Colorado is minimal - extra hate for Colorado since they left the Big 12 already

Limey Frog

Cal and Stanford are rumored to be considering shutting down football or moving to lower level
Didn't they do that already?

I don't get any of the anti-BYU/Utah sentiment. They're both amazing programs. Yes, Zoobs are all insane, egotistical weirdos, but their football program is terrific and playing them is worthwhile. When we were in the MWC those two games were electric every year; everything else about the whole conference sucked.

Hemingway

The TV suits know the value of every school. Keep adding until the next one doesn't add anything to the TV deal.

I'm a firm believer in taking the bird in the hand. Would we have offered UH, CINN, UCF AND BYU if we knew we could get the 4 mountain teams? I don't know, but without the first 4 we may not be viewed as stable enough for the PAC teams. (Can't believe I just said that.)

We must kill the PAC now while it is vulnerable. Less competition.
I just feel like there are some ACC teams to be had in the future. If ND joins B10 that might spell the end for the ACC. I guess depends on if NBC wants to continue that relationship with ND.

An-Cap Frog

Turn Up Dancing GIF by Tristen J. Winger
Ken Jeong Masks GIF by The Masked Singer
TWSS

ticketfrog123

Didn't they do that already?

I don't get any of the anti-BYU/Utah sentiment. They're both amazing programs. Yes, Zoobs are all insane, egotistical weirdos, but their football program is terrific and playing them is worthwhile. When we were in the MWC those two games were electric every year; everything else about the whole conference sucked.
I agree - cal hasn’t cared about football and it’s public knowledge the academics run the school and hate sports.

Sonny dykes has even discussed this as part of the reason he left due to “support”