• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Baseball Tournament 2019 Thread

Bizarro Frog

I don’t think Tech is going to care about winning the other side so it could Kansas or West Virginia in Title game. Would be nice if OSU took the same approach and not hell bent on winning the tourney.

jake102

I don’t think Tech is going to care about winning the other side so it could Kansas or West Virginia in Title game. Would be nice if OSU took the same approach and not hell bent on winning the tourney.

Worth noting that WVU waited until last night to throw Manoah and he went 8IP, 126 pitches or something. Can't imagine he's pitching again.

Also worth noting we still have four games to play..... Williamson today I guess. Who knows tomorrow for both games. I can't imagine giving up anything less than 6-7 runs in each game tomorrow.

MTfrog5

Worth noting that WVU waited until last night to throw Manoah and he went 8IP, 126 pitches or something. Can't imagine he's pitching again.

Also worth noting we still have four games to play..... Williamson today I guess. Who knows tomorrow for both games. I can't imagine giving up anything less than 6-7 runs in each game tomorrow.
Yeah last night was pretty much a must win imo. We simply don’t have the pitching to win 5 games in the time frame given and having to beat OSU twice. Really hope they prove me wrong

DubaiFrog

I might go committee tonight and try and save Williamson for tomorrow against Pokes. Don’t let anyone pitch more than one time through the order and have quick hooks. See what happens keeping them off balance and still be able to pitch tomorrow for Pokes if you win.

assume we'd have some combo of Janczak, Brown, Green and Eissler that would have to eat up innings today, and then hope williamson shuts them down tomorrow. would have to cobble together something together if it gets to that point after.

jake102

Tap the brakes. The Frogs have lost 6 in a row to the Bears. Throw everything they have to stop this streak and worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

That's a terrible strategy. There's no difference in losing tonight vs losing tomorrow, or tomorrow night or Sunday. You have to do everything to win every game, which means aligning your awful pitchers as best as possible.

WVU took a risk game 1 and didn't start Manoah knowing that Tech in game 2 was the much bigger fish.

GoFrog Yourself

That's a terrible strategy. There's no difference in losing tonight vs losing tomorrow, or tomorrow night or Sunday. You have to do everything to win every game, which means aligning your awful pitchers as best as possible.

WVU took a risk game 1 and didn't start Manoah knowing that Tech in game 2 was the much bigger fish.
Lose tonight and you don’t play tomorrow. Can’t think too far ahead at this point, plus Baylor and tOSU are on pretty equal footing. Kansas vs tech isn’t much of an argument on who is better

jake102

Yes there is. I’m going to be sick if our season ends in a loss to Baylor two years in a row.

I'm already sick that two years in a row our team is dependent on a miracle Big 12 tourny run to even make the field of 64. I remember the days of anxiously tracking whether we would be a national seed. Losing to Baylor makes no difference to me, their new coach has been better than Schloss past couple years.

TooColdU

Really doesn’t matter who pitches if our “national championship” offense doesn’t show up.

Last time Williamson pitched against Baylor he only lasted 3 innings.

We only scored 6 runs in our series vs Baylor.
They scored 33