• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 2020-21 Basketball Thread

Texas dismantled Kansas in Lawrence.

Baylor handled Iowa St.

OU took down WVU behind 8 made 3's from some guy off the bench. Once again, Reaves is such an average player when he's not shooting 74 FT's.

Oklahoma St downs Tech in Lubbock. Our win over them looking even better now.

Some tiers starting to take shape.

Tier 1- Baylor/Texas

tier 2- KU/Tech/WVU

tier 3- OU/TCU/OSU

tier 4- KSU/ISU

Maybe OU in tier above but probably closer to TCU/ OSU tier.

Farmfrog

Baylor has really risen to the top of the conference with UT close behind. The two teams that get a lot of love that I think are overvalued are Tech and WVU. KU is still very good but the top three teams are the only ones that “scare” me.

If we can play more consistent there is no reason not to win 8 or more conference games.

Moose Stuff

Baylor has really risen to the top of the conference with UT close behind. The two teams that get a lot of love that I think are overvalued are Tech and WVU. KU is still very good but the top three teams are the only ones that “scare” me.

If we can play more consistent there is no reason not to win 8 or more conference games.
Yeah, WV took a couple big hits to their roster this week. Totally different team now IMO. On top of that we are absolutely a little better than I thought we were and guys like Easley, O'Bannon, Todd, and Samuel have plenty of room to be better than they have been so some upside still too.

Farmfrog

Moose, I think a real key will be getting more from PJ, FF and Todd. PJ has just been a total non factor the last few games. Need FF and Todd to regain their early season form. Easley got a lot of grief, rightly so, but is really rounding into form. LaDee is beginning to play well which should help especially if Samuel gets in foul trouble.

The honest truth is we need RJ and Mike to continue playing lights out.

Moose Stuff

Moose, I think a real key will be getting more from PJ, FF and Todd. PJ has just been a total non factor the last few games. Need FF and Todd to regain their early season form. Easley got a lot of grief, rightly so, but is really rounding into form. LaDee is beginning to play well which should help especially if Samuel gets in foul trouble.

The honest truth is we need RJ and Mike to continue playing lights out.
And really Mike hasn't been that great in the last few games in terms of hitting his shots and we've still won.

Eight

both tech and wvu play hard, but they struggle to score and curious if mcclung has a second season in lubbock

that description about wvu and tech seems to describe most of this conference. they play hard but on the offensive end.......

Purp

Yeah, WV took a couple big hits to their roster this week. Totally different team now IMO. On top of that we are absolutely a little better than I thought we were and guys like Easley, O'Bannon, Todd, and Samuel have plenty of room to be better than they have been so some upside still too.
The way they closed out last night against the Pokes I think WVU is going to take a couple steps forward the next few games after taking a few steps backward after their roster transformation. They're going to be a more typical Huggie Bear team with a high press, active hands, and nasty demeanor if the 2nd half last night is any indication.

Eight

so here are the updated standings for the conference through last night. listed is the teams' conference record, overall record, and the results of the last two games. teams in bold are ranked in the top 25 of the various polls.

baylor 4-0 (11-0) ou 76-61, @TCU 67-49
texas 4-0 (10-1) isu 78-72, @wvu 72-70
kan 4-1 (10-2) @TCU 93-64, ou 63-59
tech 3-2 (10-3) ksu 82-71, @isu 91-64

osu 2-3 (8-3) wvu 84-87, @ksu 70-54
tcu 2-3 (9-4) ku 64-93, bay 49-67
wvu 2-3 (9-4) @osu 87-84, tex 70-72
ou 2-3 (6-4) @bay 61-76, @ku 59-63
ksu 1-4 (5-8) @ tech 71-82, osu 54-70
isu 0-5 (2-7) @tex 72- 78, tech 64-91

Eight

number of games didn't get played last week and hope that trend doesn't continue this week as we could start to see some separation this week from the true contenders, the teams that are improving and legit, and the also rans.

ok state might have had the big win of the week beating kansas 75-70

biggest conference game of the week is tonight as baylor hosts kansas, the frogs are entering a stretch where they play tech, texas, missouri, and kansas. tough road for a team that has not only lost 3 in a row but really struggled in those games.

here is the conference standings, review of last week, and the games that are supposed to be played this week.

baylor (5-0) last week @ tech 68-60, this week ku tonight, @ osu
texas (5-1) last week ksu 82-67, this week @isu ppd, @TCU
kansas (4-2) last week @osu 70-75, this week @baylor, @ou
tech (4-3) last week bay 60-68, this week @TCU, isu
osu (3-3) last week 75-70 ku, this week baylor
ou (3-3) last week 82-46 tcu, this week ksu, ku
wvu (2-3) no games last week, this week first game ppd, @ksu
tcu (2-4) last week @ou 46-82, this week tech, texas
ksu (1-5) last week @tex 67-82, this week @ou, wvu
isu (0-5) no games last week, this week texas ppd, @ tech

Eight

here are the big 12 standings going into play this week and hopefully more than 6 teams will actually play this week

baylor 7-0
texas 5-1
ou 5-3
tech 4-3
ku 4-4
wvu 3-3
okst 3-4
tcu 2-4
ksu 1-7
isu 0-5

baylor continues to win and win by solid amount as their two closest games in big 12 play have been by 8 both times. texas is at 5-1 and will host baylor on february 2nd.

the middle is an interesting group as tech didn't play, ou beat the two kansas schools, kansas dropped both games last week, wvu looks like they might be getting better if they ever get a chance to play and practice, and okstate looks really scary in stretches.

big games last week were baylor over kansasa 77-69, ou beat ku at home 75-68, and wvu hammered ksu 69-47 on the road in a brutal, ugly game

speaking of what could be an ugly game unless you really love defense tech plays wvu tonight and in a game that could be interesting to see how they play okstate is at isu.

Eight

ok state rolls isu 81-60 and then in a game i am still trying to figure out wvu beats tech 88-87 on a late make and then tech never really gets a good shot at the end

tech doubles up wvu on the offensive glass, has 5 more steals, 10 fewer turnovers, and losses because wvu shot 57% from the floor and over 60% from three.

think tech at times depends way, way too much on mcclung, but then i am not sure if they have anyone who can really be a consistent threat scoring

texas and ou today at 6

Eight

baylor looks to be the class of the conference heading into their game tonight in austin. number of big games this week among the teams clustered in the middle of the pack. not sure if we are going to see much separation this year aside from the top and the bottom.

here are your big 12 standings and games this week

bay 16-0 (8-0) @ texas, vs tcu
tex 11-3 (5-2) bay, @ ok state
ou 11-5 (6-4) lost @ tech 52-57, isu
wvu 11-5 ( 4-3) @ isu, ku
tech 13-5 (5-4) beat ou 57-52, @ ksu
ku 11-6 ( 5-4) ksu, wvu
okst 11-4 (4-4) @TCU, tex
tcu 9-7 (2-5) okst, @ baylor
ksu 5-13 (1-8) @ ku, tech
isu 2-9 (0-6) wvu, @ ou

frogs won early in conference play in stillwater and mid week we get round 2 this year. cowboys have gotten better over conference play, but can they win on the road?

both tcu and ok state need to win the mid-week game as they both face very tough games on saturday

Latest posts