1. The KillerFrogs

"Beto" O'Rourke vs Ted Cruz for U.S. Senate

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by Nick Danger, Mar 1, 2018.

1. #1 Nick Danger, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Let me put aside all the Trump Travails for awhile and let's focus on an increasingly interesting mid-term election contest right here in Texas. The Democrats are putting forth a relatively unknown "Who?" kind of candidate in Beto O'Rourke to take on Ted Cruz. O'Rourke's main problem right now isn't some far-left policy stance or closet full of skeletons, it's name recognition! So, let's meet Robert "Beto" O'Rourke in a series of weekly (more or less) installments. . . .

Installment 1:

2. Installment 2:

3. Installment 3: O'Rourke's biggest problem is getting his name out there but he is turning up more and more on the national news outlets, both cable and broadcast. First up Fox News Network and CNN . . . .

5. Installment 4: He's also been featured on MSNBC and the Washington Post . . .

6. And while were waiting on President Trump's response (if any) to "Lyin' Ted's" transparent Time magazine piece, amuse yourselves with this rather "atypical" political ad from Beto . . . .

7. While Beto O'Rourke continues his efforts to increase his statewide name recognition, he appears to be within striking distance of Ted Cruise in their Texas Senate race, which means we're at least looking at a surprisingly competitive race come November!

So, in the name of creating a more informed Texas electorate, let's start looking at a synopsis of some of Beto's policy stances. First up . . . .

Agriculture

Economy

Education

8. David Pakman is a progressive champion of the Left and a true Bernie Bro'. In this installment of his show he helps Beto O'Rourke establish his centrist democrat bona fides . . . .

9. #13 Nick Danger, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Apparently, most of this talk of Impeaching Trump is coming from this Tom Styer character (another Bernie Sanders acolyte) but his motivation for pushing this notion has always been unclear . . . . until now! It became clear after a couple of cable news interviews over the weekend that this whole questionable "rush to judgement" thing is to simply increase his visibility and name recognition in the early primary states as a prelude to a 2020 Presidential campaign (he's only running his ads in the first four primary states, nowhere else!). Beto O'Rourke's take of this impeachment thing is more of a more moderate, less virulent "wait and see " kind of deal!

10. I’ve met many a folk who voted for Trump due to the other option. And frankly, I don’t blame them one bit.

I feel this might be the same kind of opportunity for Beto. There aren’t too many people that truly like Cruz. He is very unlikeable. And Beto is a very likeable, smart candidate. That said I’m afraid he still loses by over 10%.

Going to a Beers with Beto event in FTW in June.

Frog Wild and Nick Danger like this.
  11. Thanks for the heads-up. Just got my ticket!

12. I'll post in here.

I interned for Beto last summer in D.C.

Can attest, he's the real deal. I even pointed out that I don't 100% agree with him on some healthcare things, and he still respected my opinion and wanted to find common ground. There's so many ways we can make progress, despite small disagreements. Cruz just stands and throws tantrums, and has spent more time campaigning for President than actually finding solutions.

Beto is the real deal. I'm a former Republican and have been volunteering for his campaign now.

ftwfrog likes this.
  13. #17 Nick Danger, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    For those that may have forgotten . . . .

14. I could vote for a democrat if I thought they weren't going to join the "sore loser, obstructionist" group. I want my representative to do good work on my behalf. Opposing everything and not allowing the party in charge to pick their people, just for the hell of it. Is not what I want. If that's what Beto supports, then I'm not for him.

15. You just described Ted Cruz perfectly.

16. I can assure you that Beto is absolutely always willing to make compromises and works across the aisle. Honestly he gets some [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] from Democrats for how much he works with Republicans.

Ted Cruz defines obstructionism where to me Beto epitomizes Democracy.