• The KillerFrogs

"Best I've Felt Since Rose Bowl"

pgdaly84

CGP himself after the first practice today. Said he feels really good about our depth. Also dropped a very strong hint that Pachall is the man at QB. (Not a shock.) Not gonna get too carried away after one practice, but if CGP is feeling this good then I think we're in for a great season. Lots of good quotes from Stefan and the Horned Frog Blitz guys on Twitter.

Big Frog II

I feel very positive too. I really think if we could go 7-5 after what the team went through last year, there is no telling what we could do with a full experienced roster. All we need is to find someone who can catch punts.

tcujsauce

I feel very positive too. I really think if we could go 7-5 after what the team went through last year, there is no telling what we could do with a full experienced roster. All we need is to find someone who can catch punts.

That's all we need to do? Well hell... I'm gonna put $5k on us winning the NC!

cdsfrog

CGP himself after the first practice today. Said he feels really good about our depth. Also dropped a very strong hint that Pachall is the man at QB. (Not a shock.) Not gonna get too carried away after one practice, but if CGP is feeling this good then I think we're in for a great season. Lots of good quotes from Stefan and the Horned Frog Blitz guys on Twitter.

Best QB depth too. Matthews is making a run at #2.

frognutz

renovating a stadium, changing conferences, playing a team full of freshman....... the poor guy is just happy to get back to a boring 60 hour work week.

SwissArmyFrog

"Patterson also said Story, who stands 6 foot 4 and weights 220 pounds, ran a 4.37 in the 40-yard dash."

Nice to hear. He and Ladarius Brown...twin towers.

asleep003

Waiting on word about Michael Thompson's mobility and weight. Talk about a monster in the OL, if fully healed and in shape too.

Cheers !

cdsfrog

That's wishful thinking on CDS' part. That hasn't been reported anywhere.

Yeah it has, just not specifically that Matthews has jumped Boykin (doubt he has and won't for a long while if he does). He is fighting to retain his spot but Matthews is not sucking like others stated last year and got better down the stretch while Boykin got worse. Additionally Matthews fits the offense way better. Bokyin still has a great chance because of the intangibles, arm strength, experience, speed and leadership but that being said Matthews will definitely push to start in 2014. Foolish to think otherwise.

Opintel

Moderators
Boykin was beaten half to death "down the stretch", that was not an indication of his ability. That's what you meant, right?

cdsfrog

Boykin was beaten half to death "down the stretch", that was not an indication of his ability. That's what you meant, right?

Talking about the MSU game, after he had nearly 4 weeks to heal and played his worst game of the season after a crapload of snaps. Can he get better? Yep without a doubt, hence the reason I said he very well may start in 2014. People discrediting Matthews make no sense. He fits the system better than Boykin and may very well beat him out in 2014 or he may not. However he has never played real time yet so Matthews is unknown until then.

Don't get so defensive. Boykin had a few good games, a few average games and 2 horrendous ultimately better than Dalton did his first year.

TX_Krötenechse

Cdsfrog, what exactly is your source? None of this has been published anywhere. Sorry to say but you look like you're talking out of your packmule.

TCURiggs

Cdsfrog, what exactly is your source? None of this has been published anywhere. Sorry to say but you look like you're talking out of your packmule.

I'm wondering that as well, as he's said the same thing in a couple of threads. I follow things pretty closely and I don't remember seeing/hearing hardly anything about Matthews' play since he's been on campus.