• The KillerFrogs

Best 5 loss team in the country

LVH

Fair enough, but I remember before this season that we were primed to have a good season this year based on this very thing. I hope you are right.

We have improved. We went from 67th in FEI to 32nd, 40th in Sagarin to 31st, 47th in FPI to 33rd, 51st in S&P to 32nd. Just not showing up in the win-loss column. Make the same % improvements next year and we are looking at an actual better record.

Eight

I don't get the hostility toward the OP.

The Las Vegas power rankings from where I get my numbers from have us 27th.

In comparison in 2013 even though we went 4-8 we were 29th in the power rankings. And guess what happened the next year? This season is very similar to 2013. Best defense in the Big 12, but a lot of close losses because the offense cant make an extra play or two to turn the close losses into wins.

Definitely a year of bad luck. Like 2013, I still think we need to make changes on the offensive side of the ball, but according to the metrics we aren't that far away. Defense will return most starters next year and offensively I think a new staff can get the most out of Duggan and the offensive line.

But what do I know. Most people want a complete coaching change including getting rid of GP. You don't do that unless you are completely uncompetitive. I'm not talking about 3OT losses to an unbeaten team or losses by a TD on the road against Top 25 teams. I am talking about not being competitive across the board.

most people on this site who have expressed their frustration and discontent with this season are not wanting to get rid of patterson.

the usual context is that changes have to be made because the same problems are biting the program in the ass this year that has been coming for 3 years and if gary refuses to adjust then questions need to be raised if he is willing to act in the best interest of the program

if response to sagarin's rankings or any vegas power rankings those will be about as effective in recruiting as a 10-year old rose bowl win. nice to talk about, but in the end the wins and losses matter

Eight

My goodness, I worry about having clean water, clean air and being safe, not being so dramatic on a chat site. It is only a sport, not a life changing endeavor.

curious, when the athletic department reaches out for donations do you tell them no, you are just a sport and my money is going to clean air, clean water, and being safe?

MagicFrog

I know that it doesn't much matter, but looking at the Sagarin ratings (probably the best ratings out there) we are (almost, MSU barely is beating us) the best 4-5 team in the country.

In fact, we are still ranked #31 in the country. We want to blow this thing up and yet we are still in the top 30(ish) teams in the country right now.

I bring this up to highlight that we have had some bad luck (or possibly coaching), but in fact do have a good team. There are only 15 teams in the country who are a touchdown or more better than we are.

Just wanted to provide some context.

Now let's get back to the discussion of whether we fire 7 coaches or possibly only 6...

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Sorry, but if we're "almost" the best 4-5 team but MSU is barely beating us it means we are the second best 4-5 team in the country.

I love your homerism, but it's definite homerism.