• The KillerFrogs

Best 5 loss team in the country

MinFrog

I know that it doesn't much matter, but looking at the Sagarin ratings (probably the best ratings out there) we are (almost, MSU barely is beating us) the best 4-5 team in the country.

In fact, we are still ranked #31 in the country. We want to blow this thing up and yet we are still in the top 30(ish) teams in the country right now.

I bring this up to highlight that we have had some bad luck (or possibly coaching), but in fact do have a good team. There are only 15 teams in the country who are a touchdown or more better than we are.

Just wanted to provide some context.

Now let's get back to the discussion of whether we fire 7 coaches or possibly only 6...

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Wexahu

I know that it doesn't much matter, but looking at the Sagarin ratings (probably the best ratings out there) we are (almost, MSU barely is beating us) the best 4-5 team in the country.

In fact, we are still ranked #31 in the country. We want to blow this thing up and yet we are still in the top 30(ish) teams in the country right now.

I bring this up to highlight that we have had some bad luck (or possibly coaching), but in fact do have a good team. There are only 15 teams in the country who are a touchdown or more better than we are.

Now let's get back to the discussion of whether we fire 7 coaches or possibly only 6...

Well, we should win this weekend then. But I'm not really counting on it, pretty confident we'll come out flat on defense and bumbling and stumbling around on offense.

Bruce Berry

Want to change the offense and its leadership. Not the head coach. Not the defense.

Billy Clyde

Reminds me of a small-town guy I knew. Saw him a day or two after he got the absolute dog-crap kicked out of him, and asked him about it.

He said, "It weren't near bad as it coulda been. After the first coupla licks I managed to get my hands up over my face so he couldn't hit me there no more."

crash813

71FMVgWPAxL._SL1500_.jpg

UltimateFrog

The brightside is that there's a ton of hope at the most important position on the field and the defense is young and loaded. I wasn't surprised that we played better without some older guys on the field.

If we can figure out OL and WRs, watch out.

That being said, three of last four years have been garbage. It's time to change

Tech might be the worst 5 loss team, they lost to a KU team we pounded. Even though we lost to a G5 team, at least they are proven to be a legit squad this year. Tech is bad and they do not have the talent we have, and we will expose that in Lubbock. We travel pretty well to Lubbock as well. We rip their bowl hopes away while we build upon our own.

Tech might be the worst 5 loss team, they lost to a KU team we pounded. Even though we lost to a G5 team, at least they are proven to be a legit squad this year. Tech is bad and they do not have the talent we have, and we will expose that in Lubbock. We travel pretty well to Lubbock as well. We rip their bowl hopes away while we build upon our own.[

Sure, it's possible the Frogs could win, on the road, after a heart breaking 3 OT loss but it is not likely. Tech may very well suck as you are what your record says you are but TCU has done nothing to make you think at 4-5 they don't suck as well.

Froginbedford

Tech might be the worst 5 loss team, they lost to a KU team we pounded. Even though we lost to a G5 team, at least they are proven to be a legit squad this year. Tech is bad and they do not have the talent we have, and we will expose that in Lubbock. We travel pretty well to Lubbock as well. We rip their bowl hopes away while we build upon our own.

It's just hard to beat Tech, even in the best of times (2015 needed the immaculate deflection to win, 55-52)....In the post SWC era, losses in Lubbock: 2004, 70-35 (Sonny Cumbie, TTU quarterback); 2012, 20-10; losses to Tech in Fort Worth: 2012, 56-53, OT; 2016. 247-24, OT; 2018, 17-14....Since 2004, Tech leads the series 5-4....

Big Frog II

We'll see about that.