• The KillerFrogs

"Bend But Don't Break" Defense

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Did you call it "trickeration" in those pre-ESPN days? Not likely.

Not only likely, but yes. Personally, I didn't have ESPN until after college (1987), but certainly had heard the term used. I want to say Frank Broyles used it semi-regularly when he and Keith Jackson did ABC's weekly game (which was damn near the only game each week on TV) in the 70s.

Opintel

Moderators
Back when we played ball with an inflated pig's bladder, we had "misdirection and fakes".

It's all the same thing...and, ESPN does make up a lot of stuff. Gotta fill all that air time. :smile:

SnoSki

Not only likely, but yes. Personally, I didn't have ESPN until after college (1987), but certainly had heard the term used. I want to say Frank Broyles used it semi-regularly when he and Keith Jackson did ABC's weekly game (which was damn near the only game each week on TV) in the 70s.

Color me surprised.

WIN

Bend don't break is GP's way of controlling the game without the ball. Teams expend energy on offense & time off the clock with little result.

Frog DJ

I can't recall the exact quote, but CGP once said something to the effect, "You gotta figure out how to make 'em kick field goals, in the Big XII."

Go Frogs!

Didn't Cab Calloway have a song called Trickeration?