• The KillerFrogs

Beaumont Enterprise: Newton’s Sylvester de-commits from TCU

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Is Rhule even going to be there after this year? I'm not trying to start a rumor but he's interviewed every year he has been there and now he'll probably be able to get what he wants.
His agent's phone has been blowing up for the last few weeks. He could go anywhere he wants.

Wexahu

Folks who think wins and losses don't affect recruiting should take note on this.

It affects it, but not nearly as much as people think. Yeah, if you have a string of bad seasons it's gonna have a negative effect, but some people think if you lose a game or two to a rival all the sudden half your recruits are gonna flip.

Sylvester was never completely on board. He practically de-committed a couple months ago before the season was even underway. In fact, the reality was he probably never was really committed so we didn't really lose anyone.

Wexahu

If Franklin leaves Penn State, he’s 100% gone

Yep, can't really see him sticking around long, I'd be really surprised if he stays another year. Unless nothing open up, this will be an opportunity for him to land a plum job that might not come along again. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

MTfrog5

Yep, can't really see him sticking around long, I'd be really surprised if he stays another year. Unless nothing open up, this will be an opportunity for him to land a plum job that might not come along again. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.
And he’s looked around every year he’s been there. They tried to save face with the contract extension for recruits but we all know contracts don’t mean anything anymore

Until I read this in my Austin paper.
1. Matt Rhule recently signed an extension with Baylor that could keep him in Waco through 2027, but one of the hottest college coaches in the country who’s always mentioned for NFL jobs said he’d have no problem staying beyond that. “I’m planning on being here for a long, long time,” Rhule said in this week’s “On Second Thought” podcast. “In fact, I’m trying to convince my wife to buy a place on the lake down near you guys.” Rhule said he’s always “honest and transparent” with his players. After going 2-10 at Temple and 1-11 at Baylor in his first seasons, Rhule’s teams are 42-20. In Years 3-plus, he’s a staggering 29-8. ...

Eight

1. Matt Rhule recently signed an extension with Baylor that could keep him in Waco through 2027, but one of the hottest college coaches in the country who’s always mentioned for NFL jobs said he’d have no problem staying beyond that. “I’m planning on being here for a long, long time,” Rhule said in this week’s “On Second Thought” podcast. “In fact, I’m trying to convince my wife to buy a place on the lake down near you guys.” Rhule said he’s always “honest and transparent” with his players. After going 2-10 at Temple and 1-11 at Baylor in his first seasons, Rhule’s teams are 42-20. In Years 3-plus, he’s a staggering 29-8. ...

wow, a quote in the newspaper. impressive.....almost as impressive as this quote from the fwst from another baylor coach about someone i think you may know worked at baylor...

"At no time did Coach Briles try to cover this up in any way. We both did what we were told to do in this situation and that was report it to the Athletic Director."

i have no ill will towards matt rhule, but there is not a level in dante's hell deep enough for the pieces of crap on baylor board who have hidden the truth and patted each other on the back last saturday about how thing have returned to normal in waco with that win.

modern day pharisees

Last edited:

Portland Frog

but did he and his wife say they are “home” though?

CryptoMiner

Transfers have always occurred , but the NCAA sponsored on line clearinghouse , which was dubbed "the portal" is only a couple of seasons old. It has made the process more efficient , but don't think it has added much to the number. What it has done is made it more transparent. In the past you often didn't know until after the season ended that some player was looking to transfer. Of greater impact IMO is the four game redshirt limit. It has certainly led to more players leaving teams after the season has started.

Previously the player also was required to get permission to transfer from the program he was leaving. Now that part of the process is eliminated, they do not have to even notify the school before placing their name in the portal.

Permission was generally granted but there have been instances which it was limited or completely withheld and the player generally had to go to JUCO.