• The KillerFrogs

Beaumont Enterprise: Lamar ready for TCU's hard-throwing pitchers

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
[SIZE=12pt]Beaumont Enterprise: Lamar ready for TCU's hard-throwing pitchers[/SIZE]

By CHRISTOPHER DABE

Lamar University baseball player Quentin Luquette has connections that might help him and his teammates in the NCAA tournament. A senior right fielder on the Cardinals' tournament-bound team, Luquette has played with and against two of the top pitchers on Lamar's first tournament opponent, Texas Christian University.

Because of that, Luquette has some sense of the type of pitching the Cardinals will face when they play at 7 p.m. Friday in TCU's home ballpark in Fort Worth. At the very least, he expects hard-throwing pitchers who consistently keep the ball within the strike zone, which might play into Lamar's favor ...

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 2 2010, 06:38 AM) [snapback]567018[/snapback]
[SIZE=12pt]Beaumont Enterprise: Lamar ready for TCU's hard-throwing pitchers[/SIZE]

By CHRISTOPHER DABE

Lamar University baseball player Quentin Luquette has connections that might help him and his teammates in the NCAA tournament. A senior right fielder on the Cardinals' tournament-bound team, Luquette has played with and against two of the top pitchers on Lamar's first tournament opponent, Texas Christian University.

Because of that, Luquette has some sense of the type of pitching the Cardinals will face when they play at 7 p.m. Friday in TCU's home ballpark in Fort Worth. At the very least, he expects hard-throwing pitchers who consistently keep the ball within the strike zone, which might play into Lamar's favor ...

SLC pitching? :laugh:

JurisFrog

These are some cocky little p-woods, huh?

Seems this Luquette kid really wants to face Purke because he faced him in practice every day for a year.......no such luck, though, he gets Winkler.

How good is Winkler's change up? Seems he'll need to keep these guys off-balance, especially if they're practicing with a 100 mph pitching machine 45' from the plate all day.....

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(The Fake Billy Tubbs @ Jun 2 2010, 08:09 AM) [snapback]567038[/snapback]
I am writing a poem to celebrate our success, Chuck. Do you know a word that rhymes with 'gorilla testicles'?

"Ch uuuuuuuuuu ck."
billy-tubbs-chicken.jpg

NegativeNancy

QUOTE(The Fake Billy Tubbs @ Jun 2 2010, 08:09 AM) [snapback]567038[/snapback]
I am writing a poem to celebrate our success, Chuck. Do you know a word that rhymes with 'gorilla testicles'?

2314's face

Young and Horned

Watched the UTA-Lamar series. They hit pretty well to the gaps (hence why they have a good amount of doubles). Have power throughout the entire lineup (think they hit about 7 or 8 in 3 game series against UTA, which is a pitchers park apparently). Their pitching is pretty terrible. They have a good offense, but we should score 20 on them.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Lamar = 16-year-old kid passing local driver's test with flying colors

TCU Pitching = Autobahn during rush hour.

NOT READY = FAIL

That is the most retarded thing I have ever read. Wow, coach. You've managed to get your D-1 baseball players to turn around D-1 fastballs when thrown consistently at the same speed and location. Congratulations. Now if you can just manage to keep the opposing pitchers from throwing off-speed and breaking stuff or moving their fastballs around the strike zone, you're golden ...

Frogenstein

It sounds like they had a problem hitting high speed fastballs and he used the fast pitch machine at close range in order to boost their confidence.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 2 2010, 08:26 AM) [snapback]567047[/snapback]
I really hope they continue to underestimate Winkler. He's slightly better than a pitching machine. :tongue:

During the fall of one of my first couple years at TCU we would occasionally play a live intrasquad game with either the pitching machine or Coach Brown on the mound as a way to keep the rest of the pitchers from getting overworked. At the end of the fall the two best ERAs on the staff were the pitching machine and Coach Brown. We weren't very good.

Endless Purple

So long as our players take Lamar seriously, I don't care what they think.

In college sports, it is many times the team that wants to win that does over the team that expects to win.