• The KillerFrogs

Beau Blackshear DE Waco Midway

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(TPIRocks @ Apr 14 2010, 06:31 AM) [snapback]544539[/snapback]
Need to move on from Blackshear after his backhanded comments about TCU to the Baylor writer. Let him finish 6th in the Big 12 south the next 4 years

Care to elaborate? Not sure I'd give much weight to comments printed in a BU Rivals report, if he was offered then there had to be legit interest both ways.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(TPIRocks @ Apr 14 2010, 06:31 AM) [snapback]544539[/snapback]
Need to move on from Blackshear after his backhanded comments about TCU to the Baylor writer. Let him finish 6th in the Big 12 south the next 4 years

???

Houston Frog

FWIW, here is the quote from the kid....

"I've camped at TCU and Baylor and I also went to a junior day at TCU," Blackshear said. "TCU was nice. They have nice facilities and everything, and I liked Coach Gary Patterson. Plus they have a recent history of winning and have been bringing in some good recruits."

"Right now, I'm leaning more towards Baylor, partly because I think they play in a tougher conference." Blackshear added. "Some people might be wary of that because there's a higher chance of losing, but I would rather be going heads-up against the bigger schools than what TCU does in a smaller conference. Also, I really like their strength and condition program they have at Baylor."

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 14 2010, 09:39 AM) [snapback]544621[/snapback]

"I've camped at TCU and Baylor and I also went to a junior day at TCU," Blackshear said. "TCU was nice. They have nice facilities and everything, and I liked Coach Gary Patterson. Plus they have a recent history of winning and have been bringing in some good recruits."

"Right now, I'm leaning more towards Baylor, partly because I think they play in a tougher conference." Blackshear added. "Some people might be wary of that because there's a higher chance of losing, but I would rather be going heads-up against the bigger schools than what TCU does in a smaller conference. Also, I really like their strength and condition program they have at Baylor."

Clearly this kid is a moron...have fun staying in Waco.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(TPIRocks @ Apr 14 2010, 09:40 AM) [snapback]544623[/snapback]
See above, I took it as a shot to TCU and the MWC

Yea...screw that guy. Big XII is suuuuuch a superior conference.

Houston Frog

Think about how much you knew regarding CFB as a 16/17 year old kid.... at that age you're just a sponge, your opinions are formed from everything you hear from ESPN, the local news, your dad, and your buddies. I think it's a little bit of an over reaction to jump on him for this, he has plenty of time to learn and change his opinion.

I know I'd sure as hell hate to be judged by half of the dumb stuff I said when I was 16/17 years old.

gdu

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 14 2010, 02:52 PM) [snapback]544634[/snapback]
Think about how much you knew regarding CFB as a 16/17 year old kid.... at that age you're just a sponge, your opinions are formed from everything you hear from ESPN, the local news, your dad, and your buddies. I think it's a little bit of an over reaction to jump on him for this, he has plenty of time to learn and change his opinion.

I know I'd sure as hell hate to be judged by half of the dumb stuff I said when I was 16/17 years old.

Exactly.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 14 2010, 09:52 AM) [snapback]544634[/snapback]

I could understand if he was trying to decide between TCU and aggy or texas...but baylor???? Waco does bad things to people man...bad things.

I halfway feel sorry for the kid...he had to grow up in Waco and might go to college there too. Ouch!!!

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(TPIRocks @ Apr 14 2010, 08:40 AM) [snapback]544623[/snapback]
<br />See above, I took it as a shot to TCU and the MWC<br />

He loves the strength and conditioning program at BU? Did he see UCONN toss them around like a rag doll along with 7 other teams last year and every year? Does the kid own a television. Maybe Baylor is the only school that doesn't invite recruits to games to avoid the embarrassment.

Comments like that make me cringe.

gdu

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 14 2010, 02:58 PM) [snapback]544643[/snapback]
He loves the strength and conditioning program at BU? Did he see UCONN toss them around like a rag doll along with 7 other teams last year and every year? Does the kid own a television. Maybe Baylor is the only school that doesn't invite recruits to games to avoid the embarrassment.

He certainly didn't see our last 2 games against them. Their strength program is getting better though and I have heard good things about their strength coach.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 14 2010, 09:58 AM) [snapback]544643[/snapback]

He's from Waco and was at the BU spring game talking to a BU rivals guy. He was probaly searching for positives and thats the best he could come up with.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 14 2010, 09:59 AM) [snapback]544644[/snapback]
He certainly didn't see our last 2 games against them. Their strength program is getting better though and I have heard good things about their strength coach.

Briles probably just instilling the Stephenville Strenght & Conditioning Program...MORE 'ROIDS, MA!!!

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 14 2010, 09:39 AM) [snapback]544621[/snapback]

[iBaylor, partly because I think they play in a tougher conference." Blackshear added. "Some people might be wary of that because there's a higher chance of losing, but I would rather be going heads-up against the bigger schools than what TCU does in a smaller conference. Also, I really like their strength and condition program they have at Baylor."[/i]

Nearly verbatim Baylor staff recruiting----negative pitch. He is repeating what he was told.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 14 2010, 10:57 AM) [snapback]544710[/snapback]
<br />Nearly verbatim Baylor staff recruiting----negative pitch. He is repeating what he was told.<br />

I pray GP opens it up against them and holds the peddle down for 4 quarters. We need to put a UTAH type spanking on them. Kinda hard to negative recruit that! Of course another 27-0 yawner would be ok I guess.

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(froglicious @ Apr 14 2010, 01:24 PM) [snapback]544758[/snapback]
I pray GP opens it up against them and holds the peddle down for 4 quarters. We need to put a UTAH type spanking on them. Kinda hard to negative recruit that! Of course another 27-0 yawner would be ok I guess.

We need to run the stinkin' ball down their throats. I'd love to see GP run the score up on these fools, as high as possible.