• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Ron Swanson

When we beat Baylor a couple of weeks ago, I turned to my wife and said in Gordon Keith's Koko the Gorilla voice, "Baylor SAD!"
I was at my buddy’s house for the game. I texted him a couple days later and asked him what I said when we won. He replied (edited for cursing of course)… “eff you Baylor, ya effing dorks!!”

PurplFrawg

Administrator

OIP._reBbSzAVLPhG5daa6KVvQAAAA

Last edited:

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Baylor has fired defensive coordinator Ron Roberts and special teams coordinator Ronnie Wheat, sources told ESPN.

Roberts, a longtime mentor of Baylor coach Dave Aranda, joined Aranda's staff in 2020 and helped the Bears to a Big 12 championship in 2021. But the team went 6-6 this season, and the defense regressed, as Baylor ranks 66th nationally in points allowed and 80th against the pass. Roberts previously served as Louisiana's defensive coordinator.

Wheat, who also coached Baylor's safeties, joined Aranda's staff in January after two seasons at Nevada. He worked as a defensive analyst under Aranda at LSU while Aranda served as LSU's defensive coordinator. Baylor ranks 119th nationally in special teams efficiency this season.

FrogCop19

A couple I saw were very interesting. They went along the lines of, "I didn't like Gary Patterson, but then I realized his dislike for Baylor was really dislike for Art Briles, so I had to reconsider my dislike for Gary Patterson."
Very similar to how we feel about the differences between Aranda and the Waco Warden...

Pharm Frog

Baylor has fired defensive coordinator Ron Roberts and special teams coordinator Ronnie Wheat, sources told ESPN.

Roberts, a longtime mentor of Baylor coach Dave Aranda, joined Aranda's staff in 2020 and helped the Bears to a Big 12 championship in 2021. But the team went 6-6 this season, and the defense regressed, as Baylor ranks 66th nationally in points allowed and 80th against the pass. Roberts previously served as Louisiana's defensive coordinator.

Wheat, who also coached Baylor's safeties, joined Aranda's staff in January after two seasons at Nevada. He worked as a defensive analyst under Aranda at LSU while Aranda served as LSU's defensive coordinator. Baylor ranks 119th nationally in special teams efficiency this season.

So….it seems Aranda evaluates his staff and makes what he feels are necessary changes to achieve the results he wants to achieve. So novel.