• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Brog

How do you know she actually had anything and the russians just didn't plant it or make it up?
Yeah, you're right. She's a Baptist, after all, and she doesn't do drugs or alcohol or anything like that. She did go to Baylor, you know.

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

I don't care whether she went to BU or not....this sucks. She is being used by that corrupt government. I hope they find a way to get her out of that hell-hole soon.
Yeah, I'm by no means a fan of BG, but this isn't something that really falls under Baylortears. This is an unacceptable situation with a terrible government seeking revenge and not really funny at all.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Yeah, I'm by no means a fan of BG, but this isn't something that really falls under Baylortears. This is an unacceptable situation with a terrible government seeking revenge and not really funny at all.
Or, perhaps she knowingly violated the laws of a sovereign nation that does not tolerate lawbreakers? Perhaps she will get a fair trial and have to live with the decision of the court?

LisaLT

Putin is a piece of garbage. This was an opportunity to exploit and embarrass the US by arresting her and making it a public spectacle. They have an agenda. Period.

swimmerbabe11

assuming she makes it home safely and of course I pray she does, I cannot wait to hear the interviews. She is going to make so much money on interviews and whatnot.

I honestly think it is a strong possibility that it was planted on her. Russia is the opposite of progressive and as mentioned previously, they can use her as a bargaining chip. Plus, plausible that she'd have it on her, so they can deny having done anything.

SwissArmyFrog

I don't care whether she went to BU or not....this sucks. She is being used...

Not necessarily. I still remember the commercials from the 1970s warning people of drug laws/penalties in foreign countries:

"When you're busted for drugs over there, you're in for the hassle of your life."

Hey, I found the old commercial!

Froglaw

I never liked or disliked BG prior to her arrest.

Whether the small amount of a drug was in her vape materials or not is irrelevant.

Clearly now a highly visible chess piece on the world political stage. Not something she signed up for as an American. But this is a predictable outcome when traveling abroad Into a hotbed of international conflict.

Get out and come home. Russia is off my travel list for good.

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

It's not even that she was just over there traveling. She was working. Russian (and most overseas) women's leagues pay better than the WNBA.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
And the best part is that he used to live in Palo Alto and coached in a stadium along the California coast. Now he lives in Waco and his stadium was along the Brazos River. Movin' on up!