• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Creeperfrog

This is awesome. BF insta-classic. Reminds me of a young newlywed couple I knew in Atlanta back in the day. Knuckleheads wanted to drive to Houston for their honeymoon so they could visit Gilley's.

"I live in Oklahoma and hear my wife's friends talk about going on girls' weekends to Waco and how much there is to do. I also travel nationally and hear Waco come up in random conversations with clients. At my one visit to Magnolia Table, we sat at the community table by people from Cali and Chicago and both sets came directly to Waco. It wasn't a stopover to somewhere else but a destination.

When I was in school ('88-'92), downtown Waco was boarded up and Valley Mills was the hotspot. The FBI did it's thing on Koresh a year after I graduated. We've always loved Waco because of Baylor and the hidden restaurants and things to do. But, no one else thought that way.

Now Waco has become a hot freaking tourist destination. Tripadvisor shows multiple companies doing $40-50 per head tours. There is a Rivercruise and helicopter tours. Hotel and VRBO occupancy rates are high. We bring kids from my daughter's high school down on Baylor tours and the trip ends up with more moms than kids.

My wife and I frequently look at each other and marvel at how rapidly the change in Waco has happened! I feel pretty darn lucky to have Waco as a second hometown."

Dang. I have no idea where I could place Waco on a place to visit in Texas. As an alum living in Houston, I would tell ppl to go in this order if wanting to see Texas.

1 Austin
2 Ft Worth
3 Houston
4 San Antonio
5 New Braunfels
14 Dallas?
15 Lubbock
31 Waco

https://sicem365.com/forums/27/topics/49048

Creeperfrog

I suck at posting. I meant to post below:

Dang. I have no idea where I could place Waco on a place to visit in Texas. As an alum living in Houston, I would tell ppl to go in this order if wanting to see Texas.

1 Austin
2 Ft Worth
3 Houston
4 San Antonio
5 New Braunfels
14 Dallas?
15 Lubbock
31 Waco

Salfrog

Tier 1

1 Austin
2 Ft Worth
3 Houston
4 San Antonio
5 New Braunfels
14 Dallas?
15 Lubbock
31 Waco

Lubbock & Waco would be at the very bottom of my list.

Mean Purple

Let’s just say you need some Clorox and steel wool for a brisk shower once you’re done.
Just sad that dude is coaching again. Unreal.
Kudos to the members on the regents who stepped up and demanded answers. I know they were attacked by their own. But when a report comes in and it is so disturbing that regent members are in tears after hearing the horror of it all ...

Froggish

Just a quick reminder that Baylor continues their tradition of having the absolutely most embarrassing Non-Con schedule in the Big 12 again this year..

Stephen F. Austin
UTSA
Rice

Froginbedford

Just a quick reminder that Baylor continues their tradition of having the absolutely most embarrassing Non-Con schedule in the Big 12 again this year..

Stephen F. Austin
UTSA
Rice

Not defending Baylor or Briles...these teams were probably added to the schedule after Briles was hired...but this is the model used by Bill Snyder when he was first hired by Kansas State...cream puffs outside of conference, building confidence for that season...padding the w/l resume for bowl invitation...and after 3-4 years of that, KSU was considered a bona fide, competitive team...even played for the Big 12 championship at least once, IIRC....But the major difference is that Snyder won those OOC games against inferior teams....

Deep Purple

1 Austin
2 Ft Worth
3 Houston
4 San Antonio
5 New Braunfels
14 Dallas?
15 Lubbock
31 Waco
Skewed list. Nobody gets an accurate sense of Texas from visiting SoCal-wannabe Austin. Should be ranked around #13,

AroundWorldFrog

Not defending Baylor or Briles...these teams were probably added to the schedule after Briles was hired...but this is the model used by Bill Snyder when he was first hired by Kansas State...cream puffs outside of conference, building confidence for that season...padding the w/l resume for bowl invitation...and after 3-4 years of that, KSU was considered a bona fide, competitive team...even played for the Big 12 championship at least once, IIRC....But the major difference is that Snyder won those OOC games against inferior teams....
Big 12 rules now stipulate that every team must play at least one P5 team. Baylor "somehow" was the only team that couldn't meet that requirement. And it is actually the easiest P5 OOC schedule in the nation, not just the Big 12.

ATC Frog

Big 12 rules now stipulate that every team must play at least one P5 team. Baylor "somehow" was the only team that couldn't meet that requirement. And it is actually the easiest P5 OOC schedule in the nation, not just the Big 12.

Not trying to defend them (because darn those darners), but I believe that rule only applied to future years in which the school’s noncon schedule wasn’t already full.

Now that doesn’t excuse them from scheduling the way they do, because that’s chicken [ Finebaum ].

Edit: accidentally circumvented the filter

AroundWorldFrog

Not trying to defend them (because darn those darners), but I believe that rule only applied to future years in which the school’s noncon schedule wasn’t already full.

Now that doesn’t excuse them from scheduling the way they do, because that’s chicken [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

Edit: accidentally circumvented the filter
Pretty sure that began in 2017 and Baylol has circumvented it in 2 of 3 years already.