• The KillerFrogs

Baylor to vote on Briles return

AroundWorldFrog said:
Jeez, I need to learn not to go to BF. Makes me want to throw up and take a shower, but it's like looking at a car wreck.

CowtownBearJD
CowtownBearJD is online now Baylor fan (1090 points)

UT Boosters contacting Briles's agent

Know for a fact that a UT booster has had "multiple discussions" with Briles's agent. If Briles is bought out because his release is "without cause" under his contract, he will be hired by UT within a year. He will get a huge buy out to coach against us. So, the question for our BRILLIANT BOR is "if he did something wrong, why buy out his contract?" Stupid dumbfcks. If he is evil incarnate, release the report and we are justified. My source says they will hire him within a year and Chip Brown will 180 to make it all Starr's and BOR's fault. Briles was a victim. Stupid dumfck Baptists.

I get that this guy is upset but can someone seriously believe that a coach fired at Baylor for misconduct would be hired by THE University of Texas--the flagship public school of the state, a bastion of political correctness, and accountable to the taxpayers.  Seriously?  

Good grief.

frog-hat

200.gif

West Coast Johnny

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/apnewsbreak-fired-coach-art-briles-lambastes-baylor

Briles is accusing Baylor of wrongful termination and indicating he has no interest in settling a federal lawsuit filed against him and the university by a woman who was raped by a football player, according to a motion filed Thursday, June 16, 2016, as part of the lawsuit. Briles says he wants a judge to assign him new attorneys and his personal legal team is demanding that Baylor turn over all its files in the sexual assault scandal that has gripped the Baptist university for months. (AP Photo/LM Otero, File)

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Whew. For a minute there when Baylor said it would not bring Briles back I was worried things would calm down there. Thanks Art. Bend over Baylor and do unto them what some of your players have done unto others. 

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
AP: Fired coach Art Briles lambastes Baylor

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Fired Baylor coach Art Briles is ripping his former employer, accusing the school of wrongful termination and indicating he has no interest in settling a federal lawsuit filed against him and the university by a woman who was raped by a football player.

In a motion filed Thursday as part of the lawsuit, Briles said he wants a judge to assign him new counsel and his personal attorney Ernest Cannon, said the school was using the coach as a scapegoat for its failings in handling allegations of sexual assault.

"The conclusion is inescapable that the motive of Baylor and the Board of Regents was to use its head football coach and the Baylor athletic department as a camouflage to disguise and distract from its own institutional failure to comply" with federal civil rights protections, Cannon wrote to Baylor's attorneys in the latest development in a scandal that has gripped the world's largest Baptist university for months .

He also demanded that Baylor "immediately turn over to me the entire contents of each and every one of their litigation files" — including information given to the Pepper Hamilton law firm that investigated Baylor's response to assault allegations in recent years.

Read the rest at http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/apnewsbreak-fired-coach-art-briles-lambastes-baylor

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Don't see how this is going Briles' way, based on what was released from the PH report. One claim is that a player sexual assault claim was made to Briles and he basically coerced the victim not to report it, IIRC.

Also, BUtt probably will end up having the full report made public.

frogs9497

Question for the attorneys here... As an employee or former employee, is BU compelled to indemnify or defend Briles in these lawsuits where he's specifically named?

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

DeuceBoogieNights said:

I dont speak hick. Can someone translate what the lawyer said?
I bet it was easy to identify members of his Sunday School class. They'd be the ones busting out of their Sunday best due to a roided up physique.