Texas legislature that give a damn about TCU? :unsure:

Wendy Davis

209FEDavis.jpg

Frogo

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jun 6 2010, 04:52 AM) [snapback]569289[/snapback]
Wendy Davis

209FEDavis.jpg

And she's a state senator.

But what is it we want? To go the Pac10? To keep Baylor from going?

Dogfrog

QUOTE(Frogo @ Jun 5 2010, 10:56 PM) [snapback]569292[/snapback]
And she's a state senator.

But what is it we want? To go the Pac10? To keep Baylor from going?

Pac 10 invite. How sweet would it be if Pac 10 publicly told the Texas legislature: OK, you win, but instead of Baylor, we want TCU.

Big Frog II

As usual Baylor can not attain a conference membership on their own. They are trying to worm their way in. This time it isn't going to work. Their political card is too weak along with their football team.

We need to put pressure on Moncreif, Roach, Williams, et' al to start calling their buddies down there. If the legislature gets involved, pick the Texas school that truly deserves it!

Mike Brooks

We are at a huge disadvantage with Baylor. Politicians are typically [ profanity ] bags and Baylor is the biggest [ profanity ] farm east of the rockies. Do the math. However, the PAC won't fold like the big 8 did. At the end of the day Baylor will show there azz (again) begging and pleading as they get left in the dust. And then they will be trying to make nice with all those they used to antagonize while hugging UT's leg (or humping). Delicious stuff.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Nick Danger @ Jun 5 2010, 08:25 PM) [snapback]569173[/snapback]
Well! Well! Well! Look at this... :blink:
Baylor In, Colorado Out!

"High-ranking member of the Texas Legislature" should have more to worry about - like, Hel-freakin'-lo - fixing their piss poor state education funding formula. This state sucks.

Riff Ram

If this happens, it gives the MWC a shot at adding CU.

That would be terrific--and great to have CU and CSU both.

adding KU, KSU and CU would be powerful.

robbroyy

QUOTE(Riff Ram @ Jun 5 2010, 11:33 PM) [snapback]569307[/snapback]
If this happens, it gives the MWC a shot at adding CU.

That would be terrific--and great to have CU and CSU both.

adding KU, KSU and CU would be powerful.

How can the State Legislature get involved at all? Baylor is a private school, therefore doesn't get state funding. So how can the legislature have any say in what happens to Baylor when they don't control any of their revenue distribution?

Same as the legislature mandating TCU going to the Pac-10. Doesn't make sense. You can't control what happens to a business you don't fund

Salfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(2314 @ Jun 6 2010, 04:30 AM) [snapback]569306[/snapback]
"High-ranking member of the Texas Legislature" should have more to worry about - like, Hel-freakin'-lo - fixing their piss poor state education funding formula. This state sucks.

Thank daddy Perry for making or great state a joke! :biggrin: Rick Perry is pretty much in the same category as Dan Beebe is right now, clueless! They both think that everything is just fine, no need to worry about anything.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(robbroyy @ Jun 5 2010, 11:35 PM) [snapback]569308[/snapback]
How can the State Legislature get involved at all? Baylor is a private school, therefore doesn't get state funding. So how can the legislature have any say in what happens to Baylor when they don't control any of their revenue distribution?

Same as the legislature mandating TCU going to the Pac-10. Doesn't make sense. You can't control what happens to a business you don't fund

Have you ever heard of the breakup of the SWC that led to the Big 12? You must be real young.
In 1995 the Baptists still had power in this state. Now they don't because of all of their idiotic splits (BTW, most people laugh at them because of these self-righteous "splits").
I don't see this happening.

macaroni

QUOTE(robbroyy @ Jun 5 2010, 10:35 PM) [snapback]569308[/snapback]

Presumably they can control the state schools by threatening the funding. UT seems to be the big fish that the Pac-10 (and everyone else) wants to land. The question is, then, if the Pac-10 wants UT bad enough that they will capitulate to any of their demands about who comes with them. When you see how many people are being affected by UT's high stakes poker play here, you can see why Nebraska and now A&M want to separate from them forever.

robbroyy

QUOTE(2314 @ Jun 5 2010, 11:38 PM) [snapback]569311[/snapback]
Have you ever heard of the breakup of the SWC that led to the Big 12? You must be real young.
In 1995 the Baptists still had power in this state. Now they don't because of all of their idiotic splits (BTW, most people laugh at them because of these self-righteous "splits").
I don't see this happening.

But that was a league in which the majority and power of the conference was within Texas. This is about a league where the Texas schools would be in the minority. It's the PAC-10's call I'd think.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 5 2010, 11:40 PM) [snapback]569313[/snapback]
Presumably they can control the state schools by threatening the funding. UT seems to be the big fish that the Pac-10 (and everyone else) wants to land. The question is, then, if the Pac-10 wants UT bad enough that they will capitulate to any of their demands about who comes with them. When you see how many people are being affected by UT's high stakes poker play here, you can see why Nebraska and now A&M want to separate from them forever.

Best explanation I have read on this matter.

halfwaytoheaven

So, not only will the Pac-10 have to take Tech and OSU, but now they'll have to swallow Baylor as well? This deal is getting worse all the time.

dv_fett.jpg

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(Big Frog II @ Jun 5 2010, 11:16 PM) [snapback]569300[/snapback]
As usual Baylor can not attain a conference membership on their own.

Isn't that the truth. They can't swing an invite on their own so they have their mama and daddy tell the party hosts that they will see to it that there is no party if they don't get to come.

So far, two parties, mama and daddy to the rescue two times. How can those teat sucking fans show their faces in public? Bunch of no pride leeches.

BaylorHistory

I don't know how much truth this has to it, but we would be stupid as ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity) not to use any political power we still have left to try to do this.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Jun 6 2010, 01:12 AM) [snapback]569339[/snapback]
I don't know how much truth this has to it, but we would be stupid as ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity) not to use any political power we still have left to try to do this.

You don't have much now. That ship sailed years ago.
Go "split" some more :wacko:

Dogfrog

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Jun 6 2010, 01:12 AM) [snapback]569339[/snapback]

Baylor's political might will land them in the Southland Conference.

Endless Purple

I want our state representatives to tell the Waco reps to but out. They have no business using public power for one private university. If they want to get involved it needs to be for all the private universities in question - Baylor, TCU, SMU and Rice. (current FBS schools stuck with the BCS system)