• The KillerFrogs

Baylor may be going to the PAC-16 instead of Colorado

pipfunatut

not happy about this... CU might suck now, but they are not a major drain on the conference like Baylor. hell CU has won an MNC in the 20 years.

Endless Purple

It'll be funny if the Texas legislature forces the issue and the Pac decides to go with Utah and CU instead. Would suck for the MWC to lose Utah.

Need a list of those 15 members in Austin working the issue.

froginaustin

QUOTE(Endless Purple @ Jun 5 2010, 08:35 PM) [snapback]569180[/snapback]
. . .
Need a list of those 15 members in Austin working the issue.

For Baylor's sake, I hope a heavy percentage of those members are Senators. But "Member" usually means members of the House, and 15 of them are barely a decent cocktail party particularly facing UTx lobbying power.

Someone is having a lot of fun at Chip Brown's expense. OR, if this is true, the PAC10 is run by the biggest bunch of retards on the planet.

Mike Brooks

Sad how Baylor always needs someone to help them with the bully. Won't work this time. The PAC doesn't have to have this. At some point, the ut, ag, and tt reps will give the bu reps the middle finger. Otherwise, the PAC will simply give the big 12 the poison pill by taking cu, ou and anyone else they want. Clearly this wasn't proferred by the PAC. Therefore it means nothing! Nice deperate reach though..

jack the frog

QUOTE(froglicious @ Jun 5 2010, 09:10 PM) [snapback]569205[/snapback]
Sad how Baylor always needs someone to help them with the bully. Won't work this time. The PAC doesn't have to have this. At some point, the ut, ag, and tt reps will give the bu reps the middle finger. Otherwise, the PAC will simply give the big 12 the poison pill by taking cu, ou and anyone else they want. Clearly this wasn't proferred by the PAC. Therefore it means nothing! Nice deperate reach though..

Yep, PAC 10 wants Texas, but they are not going to allow the make-up of the league to be dictated I would believe. That is a pretty arrogant bunch up there. And to boot, I am just tired of Baylor. It has finally come to the point where a conference affiliation win is their equivalent of a BCS Bowl. The obsession has become so great that it is not about football anymore, just The Conference. Think Baylor loses now? Lets see how they would do in that powerhouse set-up.

Obsession....by Baylor......

Frog_Fan71

Last I checked, the Texas Legislature is not the governing body of the PAC-10. The boo bears are screwed. CU brings a media market and boo does not.

I say screw boo.

Not to defend Baylor. Lord knows I would be laughing as hard as all of you if they got left behind.

BUT, the article makes a valid argument. Both football teams are similar, so that's a wash. Colorado has no baseball or softball, that's big in the Pac-10. And Baylor's basketball is clearly better than Colorado's. Not sure I agree with him saying Colorado doesn't carry the Denver market.

Academically, Colorado "fits" the Pac-10 mold. But athletically, Colorado isn't as big of a sell as we might think.

Fascinating. Addictively fascinating. I'm becoming obsessed with this story!

macaroni

"If the Pac-10 wants Texas, and we know they do, they may have to take all of our Texas schools," the source said, adding that Texas Tech has also benefited from political inclusion on the invite list.

How about the top 10 team sitting in Texas? Unreal.

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 6 2010, 02:42 AM) [snapback]569226[/snapback]
How about the top 10 team sitting in Texas? Unreal.

THAT is what pisses me off. Why should Baylor be defended by the legislature? We need stronger voices in Austin.

jack the frog

QUOTE(Merch Frog @ Jun 5 2010, 09:44 PM) [snapback]569227[/snapback]
THAT is what pisses me off. Why should Baylor be defended by the legislature? We need stronger voices in Austin.

Go to Texas Legislature online and tell them that with the economy, the border and everything else, they need to get the hell out of the football conference business. That what irks me.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/

Buck

Don't email some general-delivery mailbox.

Call or write your own state senator and representative.

TCU's state representative, Mark Shelton, is no help at all. He's a Baylor guy--

jack the frog

QUOTE(Buck @ Jun 5 2010, 10:19 PM) [snapback]569251[/snapback]
Don't email some general-delivery mailbox.

Call or write your own state senator and representative.

TCU's state representative, Mark Shelton, is no help at all. He's a Baylor guy--

The site requires you to locate your specific reps and send the proper representative an email.
Phone calls would be nice....

Buck

Hey, I didn't vote for Shelton. But some on here did and even gave him money because he was the religious right's guy.

The religious-right House members are demanding Baylor get to go along with Texas.

If push came to shove, Houston and SMU would probably have more political clout than TCU.

Frogo

QUOTE(Buck @ Jun 6 2010, 04:35 AM) [snapback]569273[/snapback]
Hey, I didn't vote for Shelton. But some on here did and even gave him money because he was the religious right's guy.

The religious-right House members are demanding Baylor get to go along with Texas.

If push came to shove, Houston and SMU would probably have more political clout than TCU.

I'm a Frog and I vote.