• The KillerFrogs

Baylor Cover Up Anyone?

tcudoc

I need an update on Jake and Josie.  Is Jake still with the team?  Does Josie still attend classes?  Are they still drunk?  Are they still hooking up?  Do they speak to each other?  Did Josie really initiate things, like the rumor mills state?  Is Jake's life ruined?
nt5VDRC.jpg

Is it true that Art Briles was quoted as saying, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have paid for it and not enjoyed it"

OldSchoolFrog

Reptilian said:
Haha. Little ball of hate not letting Baylor off. Sounds like baylor fans are showing their true colors toward women on twitter and such. It was her fault!

Nice job by her.  Too bad ESPN has forgotten all about it....   This morning on CFP Top 25, not a mention of TB2 kid photo, but plenty of BU gush.  Character will win on Black Friday.  Mark my words. 

ifrog

Reptilian said:
Haha. Little ball of hate not letting Baylor off. Sounds like baylor fans are showing their true colors toward women on twitter and such. It was her fault!
She stirred up a dorks nest. The dorks wished that it would go away. Kudos to her for keeping in front and center.

Reptilian

ifrog said:
She stirred up a dorks nest. The dorks wished that it would go away. Kudos to her for keeping in front and center.
Wow. Had to check her twitter. The Baylor hate and vitriol/name calling was disturbing. She handled it really well. I think that Ceaser Scott dude is one of the owners of Baylorfans. Unbelievable.

Reptilian

Isn't their Rainbow Musical this week? It's their homecoming. Sing or some such? Hide the pet hamsters and PVC pipe for the post game parties.

We schd UT for our homecoming like a boss. They schd ISU. Hmmm...

jack the frog

tcudoc said:
I need an update on Jake and Josie.  Is Jake still with the team?  Does Josie still attend classes?  Are they still drunk?  Are they still hooking up?  Do they speak to each other?  Did Josie really initiate things, like the rumor mills state?  Is Jake's life ruined?
nt5VDRC.jpg

Is it true that Art Briles was quoted as saying, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have paid for it and not enjoyed it"

frognutz

tcudoc said:
nt5VDRC.jpg

So if they are both drunk do they both get charged with rape?

TCURiggs

The guy who did such a great job covering Sam U's trial is back at this this morning for Sam U's motion for a new trial:

https://twitter.com/TSpoonFeed/status/658637665818972160

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Great find Riggs. Witherspoon's Twitter feed is great this morning. Sam U's motion for new trial denied, appeal will proceed. Apparently prosecutors threatened Sam U's roommate with perjury charges and that's why he left (nothing legally wrong with that, btw). Also said Laborde (remember, the incompetent internal Title 9 investigator?) was furious with McCaw, and ironically is claiming that McCaw is re-victimizing the victim.

This is fascinating stuff, and shows how utterly abhorrent BU's handling of this whole thing is. Do not hold your breath on the external investigation. That is purely for the purposes of protecting BU in any litigation that arises from the rape. It's being conducted under A/C privilege/work product doctrine.

The tragedy remains that BU did not seek evidence corroborating the victim's claim of rape, dismissed her account of rape, drummed her out of school, and then re-victimized her at trial. They sent a clear message to coeds at BU that they should never complain of rape, as they will not be believed, particularly if an athlete is the alleged rapist (this DESPITE the fact that the complainant was herself an athlete). The chilling effect of BU's actions, at the time, and now, are revolting. The real story is not whether Sam U should have been allowed into BU. The real story is that coeds are literally not safe at BU.

Edit: Sam U's request for release on bail pending appeal was apparently denied, although it's difficult to tell from Witherspoon's tweets. He says that Bond was denied and the hearing was concluded. I assume he meant that Sam U's request for release on bail pending appeal was denied, but I'm not sure.

Frog-in-law1995

NNM said:
Great find Riggs. Witherspoon's Twitter feed is great this morning. Sam U's motion for new trial denied, appeal will proceed. Apparently prosecutors threatened Sam U's roommate with perjury charges and that's why he left (nothing legally wrong with that, btw). Also said Laborde (remember, the incompetent internal Title 9 investigator?) was furious with McCaw, and ironically is claiming that McCaw is re-victimizing the victim.
LaBorde was one of the prosecutors. She was furious with Bethany McCraw, the incompetent (or complicit) Title 9 investigator.

Raw Frog

[
Sam U's request for release on bail pending appeal was apparently denied, although it's difficult to tell from Witherspoon's tweets. He says that Bond was denied and the hearing was concluded.

Briles moved to have an official review of the call. His position was that he had some big games coming up.