• The KillerFrogs

Baylor, Briles scandal before NCAA committee today

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yep. Young heads would be exploding all over the county. Fred Sanford poked fun at people and used racial differences as the foil all the time. It was funny because it was rooted in reality.

You remember how Fred (Redd Fox) would clutch his heart, faking an attack and exclaim, “Elizabeth it’s the big one”? Well he actually died of a heart attack on the set of a show. For a few moments everyone thought he was just goofing around again.

It was a different show called Royal Family...

Froglaw

Swift, sure justice is but a dream...

Part of the problem is that The NCAA has no Subpoena Power. It has to wait for the State and Federal litigation to play out to get access to witnesses and documents unless the accused institution turns it over voluntarily.

The only solution I can see is the NCAA creating a Mandatory Arbitration System for member institutions that requires compliance with document subpoenas and witness testimony. This would still be a problem because key witnesses could simply resign to avoid testimony.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Part of the problem is that The NCAA has no Subpoena Power. It has to wait for the State and Federal litigation to play out to get access to witnesses and documents unless the accused institution turns it over voluntarily.

The only solution I can see is the NCAA creating a Mandatory Arbitration System for member institutions that requires compliance with document subpoenas and witness testimony. This would still be a problem because key witnesses could simply resign to avoid testimony.
Which sounds like exactly what NCAA wants—not my job, not my jurisdiction, not my worry, just keep the $$ rolling in. Same exact tune the campus sings. And the city. And the county. And the state. And the Feds. And the PTA.

Might as well hang a sign on bailures pillars — get assaulted here? Don’t call us (or anyone else), call The Equalizer, maybe Denzel will take action.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

In the past, showing a lack of candor was grounds itself for NCAA sanctions. Being good bureaucrats, they fell back on using this very thing as an excuse to not stop favored Programs and their cheating, so as to keep the Gravy Train flowing. "Our hands are tied."

B.S.

Eight

or the membership instead of complying could tell the ncaa to pound sand as they do now because they know the ncaa is the epitome of a bureaucratic leach organization that depends upon its membership to survive

the ncaa has piles of testimony from the supposed scandal involving the shoe companies and college basketball coaches/programs and they really haven't done [ Finebaum ] with it.

hell, they could have shut done the university of miami football program with the evidence from the feds investigation of shapiro and they didn't do [ Finebaum ]

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
hell, they could have shut done the university of miami football program with the evidence from the feds investigation of sharpiro and they didn't do [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]

Nevin Shapiro went so far as to save the receipts from his outings with Miami players and recruits. But, the NCAA just couldn't find this compelling enough...