• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Boonescabanaboy

This is one of the things that has always bothered me about toilet bowl stadium. Look at the picture below. It's clear to me that they opted for square window panes to save money on the cost of round panes that would look much nicer. Fitting that a fake football dynasty plays in a fake stadium.
I've never been, but the whole thing looks incredibly cheap. It's gonna cost a fortune to keep out of the Brazos.

Most things look pretty nice new. This thing will not age well. 10 years from now the toilet on the Brazos will show the savings and cut corners.

Also, the money that would have gone to maintenance will mostly be used for hush money.

tcumaniac

Most things look pretty nice new. This thing will not age well. 10 years from now the toilet on the Brazos will show the savings and cut corners.

Also, the money that would have gone to maintenance will mostly be used for hush money.
I like the way you think.

On another note, my wife and I are thinking about traveling out to Morgantown for this year's game. Any advice or recommendations?

Chongo94

I like the way you think.

On another note, my wife and I are thinking about traveling out to Morgantown for this year's game. Any advice or recommendations?

Dorsey’s Knob Park was kinda cool. Personally, I found the town lacking. Campus is nice and the river area looks nice in parts but other than that, whoa...

There are some cool little bars here and there but you have to combat the students that can overrun them (drunk WVU students remember) and you’re still in Morgantown.

If the game is early and I were going, I’d just drive back to Pittsburgh after and have fun there. That’s just me though, I know a lot of people who love Morgantown.

Last edited:

YA

There's nothing wrong with the stadium. It's not nearly as special as what Baylor fans think it is, but it's a decent place to watch a game, and that's really all that matters. There's not many bad seats in the place. I imagine the tiers help put the upper levels closer to the field, just a guess.
What is wrong with the stadium is not the seats but rather getting to/from seats to concessions and restrooms. It is also has narrow spaces getting to and from the seats before/after the game. The place was built for viewing the game but not much thought was put into the other fan experiences.

YA

Game day atmosphere and stadium are nice. People were wonderful. Morgantown is a dump though.....big time. Just stay in Pittsburgh and enjoy the city.
Staying in Pittsburgh is the right choice. The Steelers have a Thursday night game against Carolina that is a must if one is going early for the game.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Game day atmosphere and stadium are nice. People were wonderful. Morgantown is a dump though.....big time. Just stay in Pittsburgh and enjoy the city.
Seeing the game based out of Pittsburg (Carnegie museum, Frank Lloyd Wright's "Falling Waters) worked for us quite well. The hospitality of the 'Eers fans was, as stated, first rate.

Mean Purple

This is one of the things that has always bothered me about toilet bowl stadium. Look at the picture below. It's clear to me that they opted for square window panes to save money on the cost of round panes that would look much nicer.
oGQRga3.jpg

Another thing, why in the world does there need to be 3 tiers? There's some pretty wacky forced prospective to look like it fits 80,000 on TV when in reality there's <45,000. Fitting that a fake football dynasty plays in a fake stadium.
NS_31MCLANESTADIUM_39545609.JPG

Not to mention Brick Tarp:
Screen-Shot-2014-09-01-at-12.37.26-AM.png

I've never been, but the whole thing looks incredibly cheap. It's gonna cost a fortune to keep out of the Brazos.

The exterior looks like a 1970's middle school gym. Still, the most laughable thing about that place is when they started and brought out a few pontoon boats and tried to point to it as a big deal. Guess they have never seen the Vol Navy port at Knoxville.