• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Program is back to Trent Johnson era levels

TRF51

When all you have is Bane as a shooter, you don't think the other team schemes defensively to eliminate him? I'd say it's worked pretty well. Samuel is limited away from the basket, and the others have proven that they are not scoring threats, despite their best efforts of chucking up shots from EVERYWHERE.

This team IS young. You've got mostly sophomores and freshman taking prime minutes. Grayer and Dennis have been disappointing (considering what we saw early on), but were needed for depth. I think the incoming players, transfers and build-up of current will be better. People WERE concerned about Jaime leaving. I still would be....my question is if he leaves....who ya got???

Aside: People who have never coached have NO idea how hard it is to draw something up perfectly, and have 18-21 year olds become BAFFLED as soon as the play starts. I've played and coached in college for the record.

We are not young, Bane, Dennis, and Grayer (significant minutes are seniors). RJ and Kevin have been in the program for 3 years (significant minutes). The others are young but are not better today then they were when the season started.

RoyaltyWorePurple

We are not young, Bane, Dennis, and Grayer (significant minutes are seniors). RJ and Kevin have been in the program for 3 years (significant minutes). The others are young but are not better today then they were when the season started.

Samuel- Soph.
RJ-Soph
Bello-Fresh
Leedee-Soph (first year)
PJ-Fresh

I don't know how you define young...but the above suggests otherwise.

TRF51

Samuel- Soph.
RJ-Soph
Bello-Fresh
Leedee-Soph (first year)
PJ-Fresh

I don't know how you define young...but the above suggests otherwise.

RJ and Sam have been in the program 3 years, true they both have two years left of eligibility but they have been in the program for 3 years and don't be surprised if at least one of them does not stick around for the 5th year. Not that it matters but they are not as young as you think they are. When Bane leaves and if Sam leaves what talent does this team have left? Some of these guys were ranked high but they don't play like it.