• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Portal

NORMLFROG

declare, don't make the agent mistake, and if you don't get good reviews come back and work on the weaknesses noted for you
Totally think this is a smart move for players. Get the hard truth from folks who know what they’re talking about. If they say go back and work on this and that and you return to work on this and that, they’ll remember it.

NF

Non-subscribers can read this in Reader View on iPhone or iPad.

Nijel Pack received 800k total at 400k per year plus a car. Pack played his first two seasons at Kansas State.

Tweet from booster John Ruiz and LifeWallet when the transfer took place. He bragged about it. Clearly an inducement figure upfront and against the NCAA rules. So why has the NCAA not made an easy example of this and hammered Miami? The evidence was made public, front and center.

Last edited:

Eight

Nijel Pack received 800k total at 400k per year plus a car. Pack played his first two seasons at Kansas State.

Tweet from booster John Ruiz and LifeWallet when the transfer took place. He bragged about it. Clearly an inducement figure upfront and against the NCAA rules. So why has the NCAA not made an easy example of this and hammered Miami? The evidence was made public, front and center.

the answer is the ncaa can't do anything about it and if there is a program out there that has shown they aren't afraid of the ncaa it is miami because they basically skated on the entire episode with shapiro in which the feds had testimony, but much like the adidas basketball "scandal" we see the ncaa is nothing more than bureaucrat taking their cut off the top

What Up Toad

I think the angle is they say, "Your name, image and likeness is worth a lot if you're representing playing at Miami. If you can find a way to make that happen, we'll give you this contract."

I think the angle is they say, "Your name, image and likeness is worth a lot if you're representing playing at Miami. If you can find a way to make that happen, we'll give you this contract."
I agree that they are likely doing something to skirt that NCAA “no inducement” rule; the contract must read in a way which skirts it. They are not fools. Otherwise the NCAA would likely be doing something. Nonetheless, specific numbers were stated here, so it is inducing, in my book.

And what is the point of John Ruiz giving a specific dollar figure to the public. I see that as an inducement tool to indirectly induce other recruits to come see us.

Last edited:
Andrew Rohde, 6’6” guard, a true freshman Summit League star—17.1 points, 3.7 boards, 3.6 assists, 1.7 steals. Shot 54% from two, 32% from three but 40% in February/March. He grew two inches sometime after the start of his senior high school year to 6’6” and adapted quickly to the Summit League. No idea about his defensive chops but he did get 1.7 steals per game and has length. Hope here would be he adapts quickly to the Big 12 as he did in the Summit and his game keeps growing with his late developing body. Three years of eligibility.

Last edited:

y2kFrog

Busy day.

Max Abmas and LJ Cryer enter the portal. Of course Cryer was high school teammates with Lampkin so CU wouldn't surprise me. Both probably shoot too well for Dixon to even consider them (I kid, I kid...)

Eight

Busy day.

Max Abmas and LJ Cryer enter the portal. Of course Cryer was high school teammates with Lampkin so CU wouldn't surprise me. Both probably shoot too well for Dixon to even consider them (I kid, I kid...)
cryer leaving baylor is interesting, not sure how tight he and lampkin are, trying to recall who cryer played aau ball for in the houston area

really don't understand why tcu doesn't seem to be in on any guard/ wing who is a proven perimeter shooter

6’6” true freshman guard, Andrew Rohde. Maybe somebody here can forward this to the coaching staff. Scorer with PG skills; 21 of 52 (40%) from three in February/March.

Last edited: