• The KillerFrogs

Basket-Brawl in Lawrence (Kansas vs KSU)

Pharm Frog

Don't care if few or no punches were landed. Don't care if the swings were half-swings or full-swings or quarter-swings. Don't care if someone raised a chair, a stool, or a chaise lounge. Should be massive suspensions for everyone who was either involved or left the bench to get near the melee. Should end the season for a couple of major participants. Coaches should be disciplined and possibly suspended for a while. Don't care if this means forfeiture or that they have to suit up their Over 6' Intramural Champions.

FrogAbroad

I wonder how long it will take the conference to weigh in on this, IF the conference weighs in on this.
Funny-men-laughing-cartoon-you-want-it-when-300x150.jpg

Purp

Don't care if few or no punches were landed. Don't care if the swings were half-swings or full-swings or quarter-swings. Don't care if someone raised a chair, a stool, or a chaise lounge. Should be massive suspensions for everyone who was either involved or left the bench to get near the melee. Should end the season for a couple of major participants. Coaches should be disciplined and possibly suspended for a while. Don't care if this means forfeiture or that they have to suit up their Over 6' Intramural Champions.
This is where I am, though I don't know about coach suspensions. It appeared to me the coaches involved were trying to neutralize the situation, which is exactly what I'd want them to be doing. Were it not for a coach DeSousa likely would have hit somebody with a stool.

Now, if the coaches don't administer adequate discipline I'd be fully supportive of discipline for them then.

Wexahu

The biggest problem is players leaving the bench. It's always the biggest problem in these kinds of situations, and I'd almost argue those are the guys that should be punished the most. I know if I'm in the middle of trying to break up a fight and a dude is punching me, I'm punching back. Not sure how a player is supposed to handle that one.

PO Frog

Good lord it was a minor scuffle that resulted in zero injuries after some heated trash talking. We got in a handful of brawls when I was at TCU and nobody was calling for season ending suspensions. And those involved metal bats and metal spikes.

Mean Purple

Good lord it was a minor scuffle that resulted in zero injuries after some heated trash talking. We got in a handful of brawls when I was at TCU and nobody was calling for season ending suspensions. And those involved metal bats and metal spikes.
Those kids will get punished in some fashion.
again, I find it funny that none of those kids could land a punch.

There was more pain delivered by the kid who stepped on the other player in the big 10 game last night. Meanwhile, some coach gets fired. Yet Kansas finds a way to take the news. I blame Muck Engel

Eight

if you don't recognize the name of silvio de sousa he was one of the kansas basketball players who adidas consultant reportedly paid $2,500 to his legal guardian in florida

de sousa wasn't immediately eligible his first semester at kansas, kansas "held him out" last year, and at one time the ncaa had declared him ineligible for this year.

article about those issues below and i don't think self would be too upset if the ncaa did him a favor and declared him ineligible for the rest of the season

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ppealed-by-kansas-amid-adidas-bribery-scandal