• The KillerFrogs

Baseball v. OU Game 3 Thread

MTfrog5

Cal’s mechanics are incredibly hard to replicate every time so it’s a little surprising it took this long for this wildness to show. When he has it figured out like the last 2 years though, it is tough to pick up as a hitter

flyfishingfrog

Did you mean inconsistent? Wasn't he refering to Coughlin?
I think he meant he has been really consistent - just not necessarily in a good way

Look - I really like Cal - he is a great kid, absolutely hilarious and has a wonderful character.

I hope he figures it out and quickly - he is hard to hit when he is hitting the edges of the zone with that delivery.

Plus I love when everything is going good and he talks to himself on the back of the mound giving himself the "keep pushing" speech.

However I just think letting him try to work it out on a Tuesday when we already have a bit of crap shoot on the mound made more sense than against a team with 6 guys in a row that can hit one out on a moments notice.

We have about 6 guys in the bullpen that need to figure it out and some are starting to faster than others - if 4 of the 6 can get there, a lot of our issues this season will go away pretty quickly.

Last edited:

LawFrog504

This was a monumental series win. Feels like the kind of thing that could propel us forward with some serious momentum. If King is here to stay as a saturday guy and we get Janczak back, we could cause some serious problems for people

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
This was a monumental series win. Feels like the kind of thing that could propel us forward with some serious momentum. If King is here to stay as a saturday guy and we get Janczak back, we could cause some serious problems for people
Not sure Janczak will be back

flyfishingfrog

Filling in?
thought that was odd and funny also - especially since he basically has the same level of experience in RF as Keefer I think

I know Keefer was listed at Weatherford as an INF/OF - but does anyone know the last time he actually played outfield? I thought he was a pure infielder at Weatherford but guess maybe not.

Last edited:

LawFrog504

Really need a good start from JJ. Schloss mentioned yesterday that ideally he would have Williamson come out of the pen, but said he simply doesn't have another option at this point unless something happens with JJ. Regardless, assuming NL continues he dominant form, we need 1 really strong start a weekend between King/Janczak/Williamson, but 2 would take us to another level. Can't wait

Moose Stuff

Really need a good start from JJ. Schloss mentioned yesterday that ideally he would have Williamson come out of the pen, but said he simply doesn't have another option at this point unless something happens with JJ. Regardless, assuming NL continues he dominant form, we need 1 really strong start a weekend between King/Janczak/Williamson, but 2 would take us to another level. Can't wait

What we got from King and Williamson this weekend makes us a legitimate super regional caliber club that has a chance to be in Omaha it continues. It’s also probably fair to label that a fairly big “if”.