• The KillerFrogs

Baseball - TCU v Minnesota - Sunday, Game #3

For the guys who have paid close attention are the Frogs not playing well or not? Are we pitching well or not and are we hitting good enough or not?

What can Schloss and staff do to get this team turned around? Here’s hoping the team warms up as the weather does.

flyfishingfrog

For the guys who have paid close attention are the Frogs not playing well or not? Are we pitching well or not and are we hitting good enough or not?

What can Schloss and staff do to get this team turned around? Here’s hoping the team warms up as the weather does.
No
No
No

Teach the infielders how to charge a ball, transition it from the glove and make a throw that doesn’t hit the dirt 20 ft and 5 ft right of 1b

Teach Luken to snag everything that comes his way

Have Saarloos demonstrate what a 2:1 strike to ball ratio looks like to our pitchers - especially our bullpen who seems to not realize that they are warming up to throw strikes, not walk the first guy they face

I got no answer for hitting because it feels like we seem to always struggle for some reason but the guys still get to Omaha somehow

But our strikes ratio, the amount of times we are behind hitters and our fielding percentage - even with the fact that we have the nicest scorers ever (hates to give the E) Make this year feel a little like 2013 unfortunately

TX_Krötenechse

I understand that we lost some good players, but I can hardly credit the new guys being so very bad. Is it a recruiting failure? I recall that we lost a big chunk of our incoming class to the draft, but surely that isn’t enough to give us this result?

Landestoy must be a truly terrible batter in practice for Schloss to not put him at 1B and move Baker to DH. I say in practice because I’m not sure he’s got enough game experience batting for us to have that good a read.

f_399

If you went to the luncheon, coach was getting us prepped for the future of possible challenges.

We have less room for error in recruiting because of the rising cost of TCU's education as compared to other state rivals.

He also mentioned having to recruit out of state more because of that.

The bar we set really high for TCU baseball and we should not lower It. Going to the cws a 5th straight time would be unbelievable but we also have to be realistic in the sense that we graduated a lot of players from last year. Most only knew the CWS.

He ended with mentioning his biggest disappointment, pitching. He was challenging the whole pitching squad to pitch well to get more playing time.

PurpleBlood87

I understand that we lost some good players, but I can hardly credit the new guys being so very bad. Is it a recruiting failure? I recall that we lost a big chunk of our incoming class to the draft, but surely that isn’t enough to give us this result?

Landestoy must be a truly terrible batter in practice for Schloss to not put him at 1B and move Baker to DH. I say in practice because I’m not sure he’s got enough game experience batting for us to have that good a read.

Landestoy can't throw well and Baker needs to demonstrate he can play a position for draft purposes.

PurpleBlood87

It didn't help losing three recruits to the draft. All three went in the Top 75.

Shane Baz, RHP, 12th overall pick to the Pittsburgh.
Jacob Gonzalez, 3B, 58th overall pick to San Francisco.
Tyler Freeman, SS, 71st overall pick to Cleveland.