• The KillerFrogs

Baseball - TCU v Minnesota - Sunday, Game #3

flyfishingfrog

If we don't improve tacu you're right. But I don't expect our defense to be this putrid all year. They'll get some confidence at some point and go on a run with our pitching.
I am starting to think we won’t necessarily get better defensively- none of our infielders look to be naturals at their position and they all struggle with basic ground balls and throws to first some of the time and almost never make a spectacular play

I know we keep being told the two guys that went pro that we expected hurt - but at the moment it seems like a lot more than just two positions

flyfishingfrog

I disagree. It may turn out that way but if we do then we've underachieved in a big way. I see us as a 2 or 3 seed somewhere (possibly host) and that will scare the living [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of the host team.
Based on what? Because it says TCU on our uniform?

We seem to be getting worse not better thus far and in high danger of losing the series to a team that had to leave home to see grass this year

Pharm Frog

Based on what? Because it says TCU on our uniform?

We seem to be getting worse not better thus far and in high danger of losing the series to a team that had to leave home to see grass this year

Based on pitching and coaching and that there's low chance that some of our bats will stay this cold and that the Big 12 is not exactly stacked this year and I don't think this team will quit and mail it in like some teams are apt to do.

flyfishingfrog

Based on pitching and coaching and that there's low chance that some of our bats will stay this cold and that the Big 12 is not exactly stacked this year and I don't think this team will quit and mail it in like some teams are apt to do.

The problem with that idea is no longer early in the season - conference play starts next weekend

We have some serious holes that evidently have no solution

Half the teams in the B12 will be better than the last three teams we have lost to for sure

Purp

I am starting to think we won’t necessarily get better defensively- none of our infielders look to be naturals at their position and they all struggle with basic ground balls and throws to first some of the time and almost never make a spectacular play

I know we keep being told the two guys that went pro that we expected hurt - but at the moment it seems like a lot more than just two positions
I disagree. Oviedo and Boulware looked good up the middle early on. The only position I see as one likely to be ugly all year is 3B. I think it's gotten in their heads, but they'll get it straightened out. Our coaching is good enough.

flyfishingfrog

I disagree. Oviedo and Boulware looked good up the middle early on. The only position I see as one likely to be ugly all year is 3B. I think it's gotten in their heads, but they'll get it straightened out. Our coaching is good enough.
We also had 5 guys hitting over .300 early on - but we knew that wouldn’t continue either

Our D consistently struggles with relatively straight forward balls and has made few if any great stops - that does not signal a lot of hope that we will get a bunch better defensively

LeagueCityFrog

Holy Cow that was awful! It's been awful for a while now. Coach makes big money and has big money assistants. He will get this fixed. I remember a couple of years ago, we were as awful down in Waco, they had a coming to Jesus meeting right after and they went on to win the Big XII and went on to Omaha. TCU will get back on track, if not, these class recruiting ranking services are a joke. Tough weekend for the Frogs minus WBB and Men's Tennis.

TCUdirtbag

That series is going to be an RPI nightmare come May. 0.7-2.6 this weekend.

This team has a long way to go just to get into the Tournament.