• The KillerFrogs

Baseball Regionals

MadFrog

On the selection show they had the Army guy from the selection committee. When he discussed teams that were almost hosts, he did not mention TCU. He did mention OU. This was all set up so Schloss could have fun with his old school. With some of our pitchers, I can already hear Ball 4, Ball 5, Ball 6, etc.

Frozen Frog

I like this draw. It will be tough, but the Frogs seem to have A$M’s number. I’m also not sold on the Aggies being that great this year. The SEC and southern bias is ridiculous. It’s almost impossible for a northern school to host a regional.

Realtorfrog

I like this draw. It will be tough, but the Frogs seem to have A$M’s number. I’m also not sold on the Aggies being that great this year. The SEC and southern bias is ridiculous. It’s almost impossible for a northern school to host a regional.
Agree! They aren’t great but they are sec second tier. I like our chances.

Sangria Wine

Dear Horned Frogs Baseball Fan,

The NCAA Baseball Regional brackets were announced Monday. The TCU Horned Frogs will be the No. 2 seed in the College Station (Texas A&M) Regional. They will face the region's No. 3 seed, Louisiana. The other game in the College Station Regional will see No. 1 Texas A&M versus No. 4 Oral Roberts. All games are slated to start on Friday, June 3. Due to the very limited number of tickets made available to the participating teams, TCU will not have any inventory for sale.

For ticket and game information, please visit the site below:

2022 College Station Regional Game Day Information

Thank you and Go Frogs!

TCU Athletics Ticket Office

817-257-3764 (press 1)
tickets@tcu.edu

crankuptheenolagay

Schloss to the 12th man: "It's NOW time for the 12th Man to buy all the tickets and show up LOUD from the first pitch!"
Same old Schloss!
There are tickets for Friday on Stub Hub from $51 to $227

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

On the selection show they had the Army guy from the selection committee. When he discussed teams that were almost hosts, he did not mention TCU. He did mention OU. This was all set up so Schloss could have fun with his old school. With some of our pitchers, I can already hear Ball 4, Ball 5, Ball 6, etc.
The Frogs will have to play the Aggies to hear that. No guarantee that will happen.

TCUdirtbag

The Army AD is the chair of the selection committee.

Correct, he listed OU, LSU, and ND in the discussion about others in the mix for hosting. This tells me TCU was not in the hosting race and would’ve needed to make the conference tournament title game to even get in it. He talks about the “incongruence” this year between conference standings and RPI. He says they had to look at “more”, and to me that says they looked at the Big 12 cluster at the top, noticed our RPI was way off from the others’, and that we didn’t exactly pass the eye test. I don’t love it, but it’s a fair analysis. As I said earlier today or last night: our RPI was low, RPI is important, and we know it’s important. Hell, with an RPI of 36, ours was behind NC State—who didn’t even make the tournament.

But cmon it’s not a “setup”.

Here’s the interview for those interested:

Ron Swanson

Great point. If we don’t change the way we are playing lately, we could go two and out and never play Schloss. Or the Aggies could go two and out. I doubt that though.
I’d love to see the all-time statistics of the 1 versus 4 seed and the 2 versus 3 seed in the opening games of a regional.

I’m guessing 90/10 and 60/40?

Dogfrog

Schloss to the 12th man: "It's NOW time for the 12th Man to buy all the tickets and show up LOUD from the first pitch!"
Same old Schloss!
There are tickets for Friday on Stub Hub from $51 to $227
I’m not convinced at all that we will do well here, but the aspect of Aggie fans and Schloss having to deal with slight sphincter stress for a couple days makes it worthwhile. Aggie self talk: [ Finebaum ] what if TCU beats us again!!!

Eight

I’m not convinced at all that we will do well here, but the aspect of Aggie fans and Schloss having to deal with slight sphincter stress for a couple days makes it worthwhile. Aggie self talk: [ #2020 ] what if TCU beats us again!!!

would suspect a good number of them if not the majority believe they hired away the guy responsible for those wins.

no different than the number of horn fans who now think tcu will be a mere afterthought come the fall because the guy responsible for those wins is now on their payroll

truthfully to me, it isn't a matter of who is in which dugout, but right now who isn't in a frog uniform and right now i don't seen any member of this pitching staff who would start in a regional if they were on those staffs in the past.

no janczak for a season but maybe a game?

Dogfrog

would suspect a good number of them if not the majority believe they hired away the guy responsible for those wins.

no different than the number of horn fans who now think tcu will be a mere afterthought come the fall because the guy responsible for those wins is now on their payroll

truthfully to me, it isn't a matter of who is in which dugout, but right now who isn't in a frog uniform and right now i don't seen any member of this pitching staff who would start in a regional if they were on those staffs in the past.

Of course they think that. But their brainwashed bravado is extremely fragile.

FrogUltimate

So what’s the rotation?

I’d go Walker, Perez (assuming we win game 1), and then Cornelio if we win game 2 against aTm. If we lose game 2 against aTm I’d go Brown in the losers game and save Cornelio for game 4. Then you mix it up game 5 with whoever can throw the ball.

Moose Stuff

So what’s the rotation?

I’d go Walker, Perez (assuming we win game 1), and then Cornelio if we win game 2 against aTm. If we lose game 2 against aTm I’d go Brown in the losers game and save Cornelio for game 4. Then you mix it up game 5 with whoever can throw the ball.
Riley looked like [ Finebaum ] in Arlington and I’d strongly question if he’s healthy. I would not start him again in a meaningful game this weekend unless I had to.

Moose Stuff

There isn’t one guy on this current staff who would have thrown a meaningful post season inning for any of our Omaha teams.