• The KillerFrogs

Baseball postseason thread

Zubaz

I can't imagine how much it must suck to have a literal national title dropped on a foul ball, then lost the next game. That would drive me crazy if it were my team. Ouch.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I can't imagine how much it must suck to have a literal national title dropped on a foul ball, then lost the next game. That would drive me crazy if it were my team. Ouch.
You can’t imagine? Hey why don’t you ask those nasty razorbacks???

Hhahahahahahahah

Paint It Purple

The balls and strikes calling at the CWS was horrendous this year. Watching during the regular season, I thought balls/strikes calling stood out as extremely consistent and fair all year. This CWS crew was truly terrible, no matter who was hitting. Fitting for them that the called strike three to end it last night was low.

How are CWS umpires chosen. Is it political, by merit or what?

MTfrog5

The balls and strikes calling at the CWS was horrendous this year. Watching during the regular season, I thought balls/strikes calling stood out as extremely consistent and fair all year. This CWS crew was truly terrible, no matter who was hitting. Fitting for them that the called strike three to end it last night was low.

How are CWS umpires chosen. Is it political, by merit or what?
It’s bad every year. They used to have the kzone for every pitch and that had to go away because it was so bad. Remember their is a still shot on twitter of a strike call against Baker that’s a good 4-5 inches inside

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I feel bad for the kids that have that foul ball memory etched in their brains forever.

Cruel world.
I remember a story from some years ago: Bill Buckner was signing autographs at a charity function. A kid handed him a ball to sign and the kid's father, standing behind the kid, said "Don't hand it to Buckner, he'll just drop it." Buckner slugged the Dad.

The Arky 2nd baseman who blew that play will be haunted by it for the rest of his days. A National Championship, lost on a single play. Ugh...