• The KillerFrogs

Bane!!

Wexahu

It was obvious he would be a league average player at worst. In today's NBA, guys who are elite 3 point shooters are going to have a job and plenty of minutes.

It's weird, I never really considered him to be an "elite" shooter at all. I figured he'd be a pretty good defender if he put his mind to it because he has the build and athletic ability to be that, but the shooting? Nope, I thought he'd be very average by NBA standards.

y2kFrog

It's weird, I never really considered him to be an "elite" shooter at all. I figured he'd be a pretty good defender if he put his mind to it because he has the build and athletic ability to be that, but the shooting? Nope, I thought he'd be very average by NBA standards.

He shot 46, 43, 44 the last 3 years from 3 despite little help around him. That’s pretty impressive if you ask me.

TooColdU

He shot 46, 43, 44 the last 3 years from 3 despite little help around him. That’s pretty impressive if you ask me.

exactly. The frustration was that he didn’t shoot enough. He would just disappear sometimes. Idk if that was on him, coaches, or both.

Maybe he’ll just be a 3 and D type player in the league, which is always welcomed by coaches. Nothing wrong with that. Glad he’s finding success.

jake102

exactly. The frustration was that he didn’t shoot enough. He would just disappear sometimes. Idk if that was on him, coaches, or both.

Maybe he’ll just be a 3 and D type player in the league, which is always welcomed by coaches. Nothing wrong with that. Glad he’s finding success.

Yeah he was an elite college shooter with a shooting motion that was obvious would translate. Ball handling is the only thing holding him back from being a 20+ ppg guy in the NBA... but that's a pretty big thing.

Wexahu

That is probably one of the reasons the percentages were so high, he wasn't taking many bad shots. Some of these guys that shoot in the high 30's do that by hardly ever getting really good looks. Obviously DB is a good shooter, better than I had thought. I just never considered him to be a pure shooter, the kind of guy you have to follow around all over the court.

The way the game is played today, he can carve a nice, long career for himself just by excelling at a couple spot-up shots on the floor and having the ability to defend multiple positions.

Wexahu

Yeah he was an elite college shooter with a shooting motion that was obvious would translate. Ball handling is the only thing holding him back from being a 20+ ppg guy in the NBA... but that's a pretty big thing.

You and I saw different things, which is fine. I thought his motion was always a bit odd.

Farmfrog

That’s an interesting take. Most experts knew he could shoot. His defense and ball handling were his biggest question marks.

BleedNPurple

How many games did he shot us to the win? I think it was quite a few - he was money! As Bane went the team went.

Eight

will be interesting to watch how and when his offensive usage expands.

right now he is getting roughly 6 shots a game with 2/3 of those coming from behind the arc which isn't a shock for a rookie and heck, if he doesn't become much more than a dependable catch and shoot guy he can have a good long nba career doing that.

goodness knows how much the rockets have paid eric gordon to fill that role. the league will pay for that skill and one reason why i don't understand why better shooters aren't coming out of college.

being 6'5-6" with a euro step and hops basically makes you the same as how many guys standing on the sideline at rucker and like courts, but if you have the skill to consistently hit from the outside and do it quickly you can find a home.

good for desmond

SuperTFrog

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is an EXTREMELY minority opinion that he want an elite shooter. You are entitled to think that Sam Bowie was a better draft pick than Jordan in 1984.

Wex, did you go to TCU? I’m honestly asking because your takes seem to be so negative towards TCU. Just curious

Last edited:

Wexahu

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is an EXTREMELY minority opinion that he want an elite shooter. You are entitled to think that Sam Bowie was a better draft pick than Jordan in 1984.

Wex, did you go to TCU? I’m honestly asking because your takes seem to be so negative towards TCU. Just curious

They really aren't if you pay attention to all of them. Of course I went to TCU. It was just my opinion from watching him play, never thought he was a guy that the NBA would drool over because of his shooting. Now that I look at scouting reports I see that mine was a minority opinion. Maybe I'm wrong. In this case I'm glad I was. For what it's worth those same scouting reports talk about how he's not all that special an athlete, and I thought he was a hell of an athlete.