• The KillerFrogs

Bama and TCU in talks to replace their California opponents in week 1 if needed

JugbandFrog

To get to go to a TCU-Alabama game in Arlington, I would wear a mask, gloves, and a face shield if they required it.

oh,I’d wear this.
3tkgwr.jpg

Moose Stuff

Let's do this game! Gary may win here with Alabama breaking in a new quarterback on such a big stage. I remember us playing BYU there at Jerry's World as a last minute fill in game years back. The moment was too big for them and we were up on them by at least 2 touchdowns before they knew what hit them.

Playing against TCU in front of no fans is a big stage?

McFroggin

This is the one year that we could lose to Bama, win the B12, and still be guaranteed a playoff bid. Pac12 has essentially announced they won’t play football this year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
September is a long ways off, and this stupid "lockdown" nonsense is collapsing already. People are already realizing that, unless you're trapped in a NYC Nursing Home, the chances of 1.) contracting the Chinese Virus, and 2.) dying from it are so statistically remote that you're in far more danger from driving to the Stadium in DFW traffic.

There will be fans in the stands.

September is a long ways off, and this stupid "lockdown" nonsense is collapsing already. People are already realizing that, unless you're trapped in a NYC Nursing Home, the chances of 1.) contracting the Chinese Virus, and 2.) dying from it are so statistically remote that you're in far more danger from driving to the Stadium in DFW traffic.

There will be fans in the stands.

There will be fans in the stands... fans who sign the waiver of all waivers from TCU that absolves them from any and all liabilities related to your attendance. The words "... including death from infectious disease..." will appear as something you are giving them a full release from.

Tumbleweed

Twice I indicated we would see football, we just don't know what shape it will have. Playing Alabama would be a great match.

In the last couple of days I've reached out to some old friends who r pretty close to NCAA and other interested parties. The last 14 days have indicated the public (that includes Mom's, Dad, and the 'quiet fan') are hesitant to approve such contact sports. I wonder if the high schools, Jr. varsity, Pee Wee, will allow our whole hearten participation and support. Guess if one occurs the others will 'have' to follow. Our economy is headed backward somewhat and it doesn't need to do that but how does a mom and dad react to each other sitting in the waiting room after giving approval to play, when their son is in ICU. Regrets then...for sure !!. I think the general population is looking at this scenario and feeling emotionally troubled with the idea. I know we are going to struggle with the virus longer than we need and want! Believe by the end of June we will know one way or another if we have a season. BTW, I'm out acting responsibly, in stores and buying non nonessential goods and plan on eating out at our favorite restaurant this weekend. I'm careful, I have to be because of my history and age --but I'm out.