• The KillerFrogs

Baldwin?

y2kFrog

As we are also consistently awful in allowing the middle of the field to be uncovered. As we are consistently awful in flat out straight up defense and letting points be scored on us.

To ignore this is just burying heads in the sand.

If even we had a good defense this year we would be 6-6 at best with our passing game. I would say there is probably a better than zero chance we can't cover any of this stuff because we have no one that can simulate it.

Chongo94

If even we had a good defense this year we would be 6-6 at best with our passing game. I would say there is probably a better than zero chance we can't cover any of this stuff because we have no one that can simulate it.

I can agree with that. I mean that’s where I’m leaning to these days ie it really doesn’t matter that much which qb we trot out there as they will be hampered by the coaching and scheme and whatnot anyway.

That might be a bit extreme of me but dang, it’s just frustrating feeling like we make everything look so difficult and confusing.

asleep003

Throw 3-4 drops in there and it's not brutal at all. You people are just scheissing [ Arschloch]s.
He throws too hard at close range and seems not to possess much touch. Think the speed of the game causes him to over react... as cannot imagine him throwing this hard to his HS receivers last year. Definitely seems to have issues with the long ball.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Baldwin would make a huge impact if they could play him, very accurate, played highest level of Texas high school football (no offense to Iowa), but is he healthy enough to play?

asleep003

ie it really doesn’t matter that much which qb we trot out there as they will be hampered by the coaching and scheme and whatnot anyway.

That might be a bit extreme of me but dang, it’s just frustrating feeling like we make everything look so difficult and confusing.
So we have some one that has a good long ball /accurate/has touch/cool in the pocket/good wheels …. and it makes no difference? We threw 1/2 a doz balls over 20 yards and most were over thrown. We have someone that could have completed 2-3 of those. So, it really doesn't matter who we throw out there?

Chongo94

So we have some one that has a good long ball /accurate/has touch/cool in the pocket/good wheels …. and it makes no difference? We threw 1/2 a doz balls over 20 yards and most were over thrown. We have someone that could have completed 2-3 of those. So, it really doesn't matter who we throw out there?

Ummm....have you witnessed the playcalling the last two years?? Yeah, sorry if it disappoints you but I’m of the opinion it wouldn’t matter. Personal stats may be different but I highly doubt the overall win column would be.

And let me add, if something isn’t working, ie the long ball, figure out what works for the qb you want to use and go with that. This staff fails that tenet immensely every single game. They do nothing to try to help Duggan in terms of plays called that might fit his current strengths and abilities.

Last edited:

asleep003

Ummm....have you witnessed the playcalling the last two years?? Yeah, sorry if it disappoints you but I’m of the opinion it wouldn’t matter. Personal stats may be different but I highly doubt the overall win column would be..

We have that individual that can make all those plays... and able to make some of the long ball plays and THAT does make a difference who is out there !! And would have today. Give up if you wish, on this team.

y2kFrog

I don't really get where all this Collins love comes from. He played okay for 2 series against OU, then wasn't good in the second half. Played terrible against Kansas St and West Virginia, and then okay against Kansas (but we still managed to lose). Then to top it off missed most of Spring and Summer practice due to injury.

Chongo94

We have that individual that can make all those plays... and able to make some of the long ball plays and THAT does make a difference who is out there !! And would have today. Give up if you wish, on this team.

You’re focusing on making sure the canoe floats while avoiding the fact that it’s already on the edge of a waterfall.

You’re ignoring the larger issues that cloud this team. Collins can’t play defense by the way, sadly.

Not trying to be a jerk man, I just don’t see one player in one position making a large difference with this team.

Last edited:

Wexahu

View attachment 6307
Yeah...gonna disagree brah. These are brutal stats.

He passes the eye test in my opinion, meaning I think generally he looks like a good QB. Some kids you can just tell don’t have it but he isn’t one of those. At some point though the production has to get a lot better, the numbers are just awful. And he has to quit throwing it 5 yards too far on damn near every single deep ball, that alone would do wonders. Hell, underthrow it, at least you have a good chance at drawing a PI flag.

asleep003

He passes the eye test in my opinion, meaning I think generally he looks like a good QB. Some kids you can just tell don’t have it but he isn’t one of those. At some point though the production has to get a lot better, the numbers are just awful. And he has to quit throwing it 5 yards too far on damn near every single deep ball, that alone would do wonders. Hell, underthrow it, at least you have a good chance at drawing a PI flag.

Agree … some can't visualize that a couple of long balls caught today changes the entire make up of the game, with or with out good play elsewhere. Could have easily given us a 4-2 vs a 3-3 first half of the season; and lot more needed promise and confidence. Collins could provide that now... not in 3 or 5 games from now..

Last edited:

Wexahu

Good … some can't visualize that a couple of long balls caught today changes the entire make up of the game, with or with out good play elsewhere. Could have easily given us a 4-2 vs a 3-3 first half of the season; and lot more needed confidence and promise.

It’s gotta start happening though. Almost without exception every single long pass is overthrown. And guys have been open. It’s so damn frustrating, it just kills drives.

asleep003

It’s tough to have a competent passing game when the WRs, QBs, and scheme are all below par.
Well immediately, we could most probably improve on one of those variables with Collins' accuracy...He would have a rushing attack/improved protection/ and slightly improved WRs(fewer drops recently}... which only can improve on his 2018 56% competions and 6TDs/2ints probabilities.

Last edited: