• The KillerFrogs

Baldwin to transfer to TCU

flyfishingfrog

not as smart or educated as you, but i would guess 1 year would be a good place to start
I was referring to how long has Cumbie been recruiting our QBs

And why are we, after all those years, still waiting for one of his recruits to actually produce and thus having to talk about the possibility of a guy who couldn’t win the job at a bottom half of the conference competitor possibly being our starter?

Dusty

And why are we, after all those years, still waiting for one of his recruits to actually produce and thus having to talk about the possibility of a guy who couldn’t win the job at a bottom half of the conference competitor possibly being our starter?

I agree, but I really like Duggan. We finally have a good one that is not coming in hurt. I realize that Rogers was hurt after he committed, but he is still hurt. Also have to add, it was the right thing to do to honor the scholarship with Rogers after he was hurt.

JockO de Frog

Not really the same situations.
It is never the same situation...different coaches, different plays, different O lines, etc. But as CGP says, the game slows down. Also, the O line will be improved, Collins will have a better grasp of the plays, and better understanding of WR routes (and personnel). Assuming three things, Collins fully recovered, Rogers 95%, Baldwin eligible then my guess (total guess):
Collins 30%
Rogers 30%
Delton 20%
Baldwin 20%
Duggan 0% (redshirt)

Eight

tumblr_ns9rmhX7LS1uxle3jo1_400.gif

Moose Stuff

It is never the same situation...different coaches, different plays, different O lines, etc. But as CGP says, the game slows down. Also, the O line will be improved, Collins will have a better grasp of the plays, and better understanding of WR routes (and personnel). Assuming three things, Collins fully recovered, Rogers 95%, Baldwin eligible then my guess (total guess):
Collins 30%
Rogers 30%
Delton 20%
Baldwin 20%
Duggan 0% (redshirt)

I mostly meant that Collins was a little older. And I think your bottom two have a better chance than your top two.

flyfishingfrog

Thanks for confirmation you are definitely not a Rhodes Scholar...although if you are the horse in that picture, I would be happy to bring the stick...

Second time I have ever even mentioned that I think Cumbie needs to probably get replaced - especially since I really just changed my perspective on that subject after we accepted two transfer QBs in a desperate attempt to make up for recruiting misses

Eight

Thanks for confirmation you are definitely not a Rhodes Scholar...although if you are the horse in that picture, I would be happy to bring the stick...

Second time I have ever even mentioned that I think Cumbie needs to probably get replaced - especially since I really just changed my perspective on that subject after we accepted two transfer QBs in a desperate attempt to make up for recruiting misses

you needed confirmation i am not a rhodes scholar?

dude, you said more than enough in your other post as it was quite clear you didn't want to accept any of what was laid out to you.

kenny, hill who as a higher rated prospect out of slc transferred in and beat out cumbie's first 3 lower rated quarterback recruits. hill's career record at tcu was 16-10 overall, 10-7 in conference, frogs played in 2 bowls, and they finished with a top 10 ranking in 2017.

even a moron like me can follow this so far. higher rated transfer beats out lower rated recruits and two of the recruits transfer out and really haven't done a great deal since leaving tcu, frogs have an average year in 2016 and a very good year in 2017.

hill graduates and sonny's next recruit, robinson, starts and things go poorly. a number of things contribute including the play of they quarterback.

robinson leaves at the end of the season transferring to missouri and now the frogs are looking for a new starter.

you ask how long you have to wait and based upon what i see you have had to wait 1 year, but since i am not very smart i might be missing something.

i

ticketfrog123

It’s hard to say it’s either a recruiting, coaching, or playcalling issue. Probably a combination with some of struggles due to injury.

Regardless, if Cumbie can’t make something happen with the QBs we have now (and won’t get off the end zone fade)...

flyfishingfrog

you needed confirmation i am not a rhodes scholar?

dude, you said more than enough in your other post as it was quite clear you didn't want to accept any of what was laid out to you.

kenny, hill who as a higher rated prospect out of slc transferred in and beat out cumbie's first 3 lower rated quarterback recruits. hill's career record at tcu was 16-10 overall, 10-7 in conference, frogs played in 2 bowls, and they finished with a top 10 ranking in 2017.

even a moron like me can follow this so far. higher rated transfer beats out lower rated recruits and two of the recruits transfer out and really haven't done a great deal since leaving tcu, frogs have an average year in 2016 and a very good year in 2017.

hill graduates and sonny's next recruit, robinson, starts and things go poorly. a number of things contribute including the play of they quarterback.

robinson leaves at the end of the season transferring to missouri and now the frogs are looking for a new starter.

you ask how long you have to wait and based upon what i see you have had to wait 1 year, but since i am not very smart i might be missing something.

i
so you just confirmed that you agree to date, in the ENTIRE time Cumbie has been our main QB Coach and either Co or lone OC - that we have been a total bust on QB's recruited out of HS and constantly have to go back to find someone else's reject as a transfer.

And that this year we are again likely going to depend on transfers that couldn't win the job elsewhere to be our starter in hopes that next year or the year after we might actually get a HS recruit to pan out if they are still here?

Seems like a great record of success to me that surely justifies keeping a top tier D1 job...maybe we should give him 5 more years of misses before we change the approach...I mean its not like it his job or anything to find the right guy and train him up...................

Peacefrog

Degenerate
so you just confirmed that you agree to date, in the ENTIRE time Cumbie has been our main QB Coach and either Co or lone OC - that we have been a total bust on QB's recruited out of HS and constantly have to go back to find someone else's reject as a transfer.

And that this year we are again likely going to depend on transfers that couldn't win the job elsewhere to be our starter in hopes that next year or the year after we might actually get a HS recruit to pan out if they are still here?

Seems like a great record of success to me that surely justifies keeping a top tier D1 job...maybe we should give him 5 more years of misses before we change the approach...I mean its not like it his job or anything to find the right guy and train him up...................
Somebody else’s rejects has worked out well for OU as of late. Blue blood Ohio State is rolling with a reject this year. Blue blood Auburn. Miami. LSU. Those are just the ones I though of in 11 seconds. Are all of their OC’s failures as well?

Eight

BronzeSecondhandCoati-size_restricted.gif

HelpfulDisgustingBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited: