• The KillerFrogs

Baldwin to transfer to TCU

Paint It Purple

I would be interested to hear Baldwin talk a little bit more about the portal, What was it like? Was it loud inside of it? (I imagine loud rushing noises...) Was there a bright light as he prepared to exit the portal? Did he enter fully clothed and emerge from the portal naked, like Austin Powers? Did the portal respect time zones? Was there a gooey film that formed on his body in the portal? What is the radiation level inside the portal? Has the portal ever been proven to be carcinogenic or is that just urban legend? Is it possible to achieve alternate timelines in the portal and, if so, are they random or can you choose? Has anyone ever died in the portal? Is it possible to "cross over" in the portal to see dead relatives and friends?
So many questions...
WARNING: The portal contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Don’t go near there.

McFroggin

Were you one of those “Joeckel over Boykin” guys who proclaimed it was a close race?

I wasn’t a big fan of Joeckel, but I don’t believe that Boykin was anywhere near as good as Dalton. Boykin had an elite receiver who could high point the ball like no one TCU has ever seen.

TCU is actively attempting to get Baldwin qualified this year. Read into that what you wish.

Ron Swanson

I wasn’t a big fan of Joeckel, but I don’t believe that Boykin was anywhere near as good as Dalton. Boykin had an elite receiver who could high point the ball like no one TCU has ever seen.
I’m a big Dalton fan and was one of the few posters who thought he had pro prospects, but I think this is a bit of a ridiculous comment.

Boykin was one of the best college QB’s I’ve ever seen play. He was dynamic as hell and had “it” in spades.

Ron Swanson

I’m a big Dalton fan and was one of the few posters who thought he had pro prospects, but I think this is a bit of a ridiculous comment.

Boykin was one of the best college QB’s I’ve ever seen play. He was dynamic as hell and had “it” in spades.
Just to clarify, I’m not saying that Boykin was better than Dalton necessarily, just that it’s ridiculous IMO to think that Dalton was DEFINITELY better than Boykin and it wasn’t close.

For the record, I would probably rank Boykin ahead of Dalton, but I think it’s very close.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I would be interested to hear Baldwin talk a little bit more about the portal, What was it like? Was it loud inside of it? (I imagine loud rushing noises...) Was there a bright light as he prepared to exit the portal? Did he enter fully clothed and emerge from the portal naked, like Austin Powers? Did the portal respect time zones? Was there a gooey film that formed on his body in the portal? What is the radiation level inside the portal? Has the portal ever been proven to be carcinogenic or is that just urban legend? Is it possible to achieve alternate timelines in the portal and, if so, are they random or can you choose? Has anyone ever died in the portal? Is it possible to "cross over" in the portal to see dead relatives and friends?
So many questions...

Someone’s been watching too much Star Trek...

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Transporter_psychosis

ShadowFrog

Moderators
It's an all-encompassing repetitive persistent whooshing sound, indecipherable but unmistakably written by Beck, blotting out all voices of reason, with a footing seemingly level from a distance but perceptibly and irretrievably downhill, and a weirdly horizontal gravity pulling one toward the distant-yet-seemingly-close Bama/Clempson- colored fruit at the far end, said fruit being held by a thousand palm-leaf-only-clad virgins, offering nothing but themselves and the promise of immediate stardom...

Also, unexpectedly devoid of run-on sentences.
That’s deep....,wait! What did I just read?!

MinFrog

Just like Hills last year, this defense will be good enough that if we don’t turn the ball over, we have a shot at 10 wins.

Delton seems like he has enough experience to not turn it over, that is why he is probably leading for the job now.

I hope Rogers has enough of a understanding of the offense and is healthy enough to challenge delton, should be a good battle for QB.

But after last year, GP will give the green light to whoever turns the ball over the least.

Dusty

Yes McFroggin, I know, and I don't have any "inside" info. But...........I'll take Rogers at 95% over Delton. You are not going to beat OU and Texas with Delton and no offense to Delton, but it is what it is, his track record is verifiable. Collins is good for 7-5 IMO. His passing is not that good (56%), and he turns the ball over too.

I give you credit for trying and I tend to agree with some, but you are way off on Collins. Last year at this time I called for Collins over Robinson, so many of you called me a troll for my opinion. What I had to say about Robinson, the fact he wasn't accurate over 10 yards not only came to be true, but he also couldn't lead a receiver open. That habit established while Robinson was QB, of not leading receivers came back to effect Collins when he came in. How often did you see receivers stop on routes when Collins was leading them to open spaces. The only receiver that seemed to get it was Reager, he was the only consistent receiver from that time on. How many drops did you see by receivers. It is not the QB's job to catch the pass, it takes two to complete that pass. Also, more than once, I brought up the play calling once Collins became the QB. It was almost as if Cumbie was told to replace Robinson with Collins and Cumbie was calling plays that would hinder the movement of the offense. How many times did you see a slant pass called. When it is 3rd and 5 or 6, most teams will run a slant more than 50% of the time. It is an easy completion that keeps the sticks moving. Cumbie did not call a single slant, not one. Instead he ran his outside receiver screens, over and over and over. I am not the only one that noticed that. So before you go and write off Collins, you might consider asking what happened to the receiving corp and why they don't run complete routes or why they can't seem to catch a pass. Now those are my thoughts on it. By the way, I am hopeful that whoever wins the starting job, that this year we make a run at the conference title.

flyfishingfrog

if Delton is our starter then I would like someone to explain to me why Cumbie should remain our OC after this year...how many years does it take to recruit a QB out of HS that actually 1) performs well enough to start and 2) plays for at least a year?

Its not like his play calling is some wizadry - so I don't get how he is leading anything if he can't do the most basic jobs.

Eight

if Delton is our starter then I would like someone to explain to me why Cumbie should remain our OC after this year...how many years does it take to recruit a QB out of HS that actually 1) performs well enough to start and 2) plays for at least a year?

Its not like his play calling is some wizadry - so I don't get how he is leading anything if he can't do the most basic jobs.

not as smart or educated as you, but i would guess 1 year would be a good place to start