• The KillerFrogs

Bad news for TB2

Moose Stuff

Sounds legit. He will never be Supreme Court Justice now

Not alleging anything bad. Kid liked to have fun and it didn’t matter what night of the week it was. He didn’t hide it too well and the students knew. Given his behavior in San Antonio and since he left campus I’m pretty comfortable that it was legit.

4 Oaks Frog

My daughter was a student at the time. It was very WELL KNOWN to them that TB liked to have a good time. Her reaction when he got in trouble was basically “amazing it took this long”.
Was told the same by one of his team mates, and was not surprised by the Alamo Bowl incident, but caught off guard by the assault...
GO FROGS!
BEAT isu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

XIIFrog

His snapchat was constantly just him at the clubs while he was at TCU. He mostly went out in Dallas, which may be why it was a little more hush hush.

Chico Dusty

I’m missing the connection between he liked to go out and have fun and is being charged with felony aggravated assault. A lot of ppl enjoy going out a lot that don’t allegeded beat up a women. Now if you said, he was knucklehead or reckless, or a bad dude, that makes sense. But not, oh he liked to party. Big difference there in my opinion.

jake102

I knew a grad assistant on the team during his time... said he was worse than pre-arrest Pachall. Apparently he struggled to leave his neighborhood behind

Shorty

I knew a grad assistant on the team during his time... said he was worse than pre-arrest Pachall. Apparently he struggled to leave his neighborhood behind
I worked with someone whose kids ran with him. All of the Mesquite kids (Joe Bergeron is another example) would party and smoke weed together whether they were D1 players or didn't do [ Finebaum ] after HS.

I agree with Chico there's still a big disconnect between drinking too much and beating up women.

XIIFrog

I’m missing the connection between he liked to go out and have fun and is being charged with felony aggravated assault. A lot of ppl enjoy going out a lot that don’t allegeded beat up a women. Now if you said, he was knucklehead or reckless, or a bad dude, that makes sense. But not, oh he liked to party. Big difference there in my opinion.

I don't think people are trying to connect partying with beating women. The statement was made that he was a "role model" while at TCU, and it's being pointed out that it wasn't like he was a model student or helping the community. Dude just had a ton of talent and loved to party. When you go out more and more and over-consume, you're bound to have a bad night or make poor decisions. That's why some might not have been surprised when he had his incident in San Antonio or even in Dallas with the car accident.

Felony aggravated assualt, though - that isn't something anybody expects anybody to do. That's not the result of partying, that's just being a miserable human being and waste of air.

Chico Dusty

I don't think people are trying to connect partying with beating women. The statement was made that he was a "role model" while at TCU, and it's being pointed out that it wasn't like he was a model student or helping the community. Dude just had a ton of talent and loved to party. When you go out more and more and over-consume, you're bound to have a bad night or make poor decisions. That's why some might not have been surprised when he had his incident in San Antonio or even in Dallas with the car accident.

Felony aggravated assualt, though - that isn't something anybody expects anybody to do. That's not the result of partying, that's just being a miserable human being and waste of air.

I understand that. I was just responding to the ppl that said, oh we weren’t surprised because word around campus was that he liked to party. So what? A lot of D1 athletes and college students for that matter party a lot and indulge in alternatives that never get in trouble, etc. That was the disconnect I was getting at.

But I understand what you’re saying in regards to his “role model” status - and that ppl in the know, knew that wasn’t the case. Makes sense.

LVH

Reminds me of a saying.

"You can take the man out of the hood, but you cant take the hood out of the man"

MCFROG III

One of the newspaper articles stated he is bipolar and was off his meds in relation to this assault indictment.

Manziel was the same and he was a party animal who also assaulted his girl friend.

Then there the sad story of former Frog, Barret Robbins, whose erratic behavior leading up to Super Bowl XXXVII revealed his battle with his bipolar disorder on top of his recreational as well as performance enhancing drugs use causing him to disappear the day before the big game, not to mention numerous assault & battery charges in the succeeding years. He's spent over a decade in and out of jail & rehab only to end up in a mental health institution for assaulting a mother & her child in '16.

It's no joke, and I sincerely pity him and all those unable to have the right support system around them as they grow into young adults and beyond, especially when surrounded by their 'posse from the hood', and the glamorous life of being a gifted athlete (singers, actors & etc.), that energizes a disconnect from reality.