• The KillerFrogs

Bad Idea Noi, Bad Idea!!!!

Smart enough to know that anyone stands a better chance with a college degree than without

And if his family doesn’t believe that - then why did he AND two of his cousins show up to play college basketball instead of just straight to Europe?
You seem not too grasp that he could go to school later. Live his life his way. Rigid thought process you have.

I bet I know who you vote for by thought process. President is a disaster. Makes me want to flee like Noi at times. LOL.

flyfishingfrog

You seem not too grasp that he could go to school later. Live his life his way. Rigid thought process you have.

I bet I know who you vote for by thought process. President is a disaster. Makes me want to flee like Noi at times. LOL.

Less than 2% of student athletes that don’t graduate within 6 years of beginning their college careers ever do graduate

So he could but odds are 49:1 he won’t

And for someone accusing me of assumptions - you make a lot. I was born in the Deep South, the first member of my family to ever step foot on a college campus thanks to an athletic scholarship from TCU and I don’t play golf for a tan because I was born with one by the grace of God

I vote for who I want to and understand the difference a degree can make in a family for generations better than most

But feel free to pack up your [ Finebaum ] and hit the road home if you don’t like it here - never understood staying someplace you don’t like

But since this is all an act - that ain’t gonna happen

Tom Brown

Tcu athletics should hire flyguy as an academic advisor, not only to keep them in school but also to make sure they pick the most fruitful majors.
Im googling "top jobs in Australia for Sudanese refugees."

flyfishingfrog

Tcu athletics should hire flyguy as an academic advisor, not only to keep them in school but also to make sure they pick the most fruitful majors.
Well obviously all you supposed TCU grads that see no value in your degrees should have done something different in your time on campus or you use of the degree since then...that is for sure

He told me above to go back where I came from if I criticize the country. First Amendment says I don't have to do that! Can criticize all I want.

I am done arguing though with him. Fishing I always thought was a great leisure way to unwind, not apparently helping flyfishfrog

Chongo94

Kouat Noi is not leaving TCU behind. He's being left behind.

Who's to say these second tier professional leagues in Europe or wherever don't have better players to choose from?
There are a hundred or more players every year from the USA for the international professional "meat grinder" leagues to draw on who had more stellar college careers than Noi.
And these leagues get players from all over the world.

I seen a bunch of scrappy over-achieving white student-athletes from through out the Big 12 beat his butt almost two times a week this year. Maybe these same players will follow Noi to his so called promise land and whip his rear end some more.

He has been taking Coach Dixon and a $70,000/yr free ride scholarship at TCU for granted, that's all.
He thinks he should just be handed a diploma.

Noi will never have such a great head coach again, much less one that will even bother to look out for him.
A big time head coach like Jaime Dixon would never trade his job with TCU to head coach in professional "minor league" basketball in Europe or Australia.

“I seen a bunch of scrappy over-achieving white student-athletes...”

Well.....interesting.

Hell Sent Frog

The 9 team Australian professional basketball league (NBL) is owned by one man, each team is a loosely-held subsidiary. One of the teams is in New Zealand.

The salary cap is only $1.1 Million per season per team and often not reached. There are 11 players on each team.
As a team salary basement requirement, the salaries of five players on each team must add up to $400,000/year total.
Each year many of the teams have revenue difficulties and often lose money.

There are blatant quota protections for "Australian" players like Noi and room for some soft money for the best "Australian" players.

Unfortunately for Kouat, perhaps due to international pressure, the NBL is increasing the number of "imports" allowed to play on each team.
It would only make sense that the "imports" would be somewhat better paid players brought in from the USA or elsewhere.

Last edited:

y2kFrog

Less than 2% of student athletes that don’t graduate within 6 years of beginning their college careers ever do graduate

So he could but odds are 49:1 he won’t

And for someone accusing me of assumptions - you make a lot. I was born in the Deep South, the first member of my family to ever step foot on a college campus thanks to an athletic scholarship from TCU and I don’t play golf for a tan because I was born with one by the grace of God

I vote for who I want to and understand the difference a degree can make in a family for generations better than most

But feel free to pack up your [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] and hit the road home if you don’t like it here - never understood staying someplace you don’t like

But since this is all an act - that ain’t gonna happen

In other countries they have schools fully dedicated to sports. They have completely different views on college degrees and professional sports. While I think he could probably get better playing at TCU compared to anywhere else, that is not the life he knows.

It does look like he checked out after winter break mentally. His shot went from textbook form to just throwing it up. His defense was non existent during conference play. I don’t want that version of him around anyway. If his heart isn’t in it, we are better off with someone else. Even if it is a raw freshman with no college experience.

flyfishingfrog

In other countries they have schools fully dedicated to sports. They have completely different views on college degrees and professional sports. While I think he could probably get better playing at TCU compared to anywhere else, that is not the life he knows.

It does look like he checked out after winter break mentally. His shot went from textbook form to just throwing it up. His defense was non existent during conference play. I don’t want that version of him around anyway. If his heart isn’t in it, we are better off with someone else. Even if it is a raw freshman with no college experience.
I agree he seems to have checked out and should move on - but to your first point, so what?

The degree isn't needed for his professional sports career - it is for after to give him options if it doesn't work out on the court.

And find me a country in the entire world where the average salary of a non-college degreed person is more than one with a college degree? you won't because they don't exist. Yes, second and third world countries have more opportunities for people without degrees because less of their populations have degrees to start. But even in the poorest countries in the world, the leaders of their economy and society not only have degrees, the mostly have degrees from universities located in the western world.

Wexahu

I don't know all the details involved but if he's all about playing basketball professionally I would think he'd at least go all out on the court. I thought he played lazy almost all year too, and from watching him play I'd guess him leaving has almost everything to do with him just not wanting to put the work in and not being at all interested in going to school.

Good luck in pro basketball.