• The KillerFrogs

Bad Idea Noi, Bad Idea!!!!

MTfrog5

I know nothing about Noi, but I wish the young man good luck as he pursues his dreams to be a professional basketball player. I appreciate and applaud his time at TCU. He will always be a Frog!!
With everything that has happened in his life, I’m perfectly ok with him going to try and give back to his family. Hope he had hell of a career wherever he ends up playing.

giphy.gif
Is this ShreveFrog's co-star?

Hell Sent Frog

We saw how Kenrich Williams and Vladimir Brodziansky progressed their last two years at TCU under Jaime Dixon in preparing themselves for professional basketball, not to mention getting degrees. Two guys who could hang in the paint, rebound, handle and pass the ball, as well as shoot and slam-dunk.

Kouat Noi is just being short sighted and lazy. He never matched up with the best players in the Big 12 much less nationally, or never became a good floor leader in college. Much of the time he was being out rebounded by our point guards.

It seemed like there were undersized American white dudes all over the Big 12 who were knocking down threes and running the floor just as good as Noi was, who were dribbling, handling and passing the ball, and getting back and playing defense a whole lot better and in the process beating the hell out of us.

I'm not buying into the idea that he is doing this for his family either. Nobody is starving in Australia.
What family in Australia or Africa would want a young man who is on a full ride scholarship to drop out of one of the Top 100 universities in America?

He's a drop out, plain and simple.

Last edited:

wilson912

We saw how Kenrich Williams and Vladimir Brodziansky progressed their last two years at TCU under Jaime Dixon in preparing themselves for professional basketball, not to mention getting degrees. Two guys who could hang in the paint, rebound and handle and pass the ball as well as shoot and slam-dunk.

Kouat Noi is just being short sighted and lazy. He never matched up with the best players in the Big 12 much less nationally, or never became a good floor leader in college basketball. Much of the time he was being out rebounded by our point guards.

It seemed like there were undersized American white dudes all over the Big 12 who were knocking down threes and running the floor just as good as he was, who were dribbling, handling and passing the ball and getting back and playing defense a whole lot better and in the process beating the hell out of us.

I'm not buying into the idea that he is doing this for his family either. Nobody is starving in Australia. What family in Australia or Africa would want a young man who is on a full ride scholarship to drop out of one of the Top 100 universities in America?

Whoa Whoa. That seems a bit harsh. While i do think he should stay another year and further improve his game, i do not believe he’s lazy. I’m sure his family, having fled South Sudan, would benefit from a strong pro career. I’d rather he stay but i do think he can make some money in Europe. I think he’s a better, more skilled version of JR Cadot who i believe had a pretty strong career overseas. I wish him only the best, pulling for him!

flyfishingfrog

Whoa Whoa. That seems a bit harsh. While i do think he should stay another year and further improve his game, i do not believe he’s lazy. I’m sure his family, having fled South Sudan, would benefit from a strong pro career. I’d rather he stay but i do think he can make some money in Europe. I think he’s a better, more skilled version of JR Cadot who i believe had a pretty strong career overseas. I wish him only the best, pulling for him!
not sure I would classify Cadot as having a strong career - if I recall he has never played in the same league much less the same team two years in a row and been all over the world.

Which is what a lot of these guys end up having to do to continue to play.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
not sure I would classify Cadot as having a strong career - if I recall he has never played in the same league much less the same team two years in a row and been all over the world.

To some people that sounds like a dream career. See the world, find new exciting places and organizations that will pay you at least an upper middle class salary to play a game professionally... sign me up.

flyfishingfrog

To some people that sounds like a dream career. See the world, find new exciting places and organizations that will pay you at least an upper middle class salary to play a game professionally... sign me up.
upper middle class money? in what country?

Guessing you have never actually followed his career and the leagues/teams he has played with if you think he is leisurely touring the world making "upper middle class" money in Iceland, Ecuador, Slovakia and second/third tier Spanish league teams.

I will say he has been committed to playing as long as he can and anywhere he can get a shot - which I get since when its over, its over - but the reality is 99% of guys playing tier 2 and below pro sports are lucky to pay their bills.

wilson912

That’s ok, they’re living the dream! Just ask Brandon Parrish!

Rose Bowl

We saw how Kenrich Williams and Vladimir Brodziansky progressed their last two years at TCU under Jaime Dixon in preparing themselves for professional basketball, not to mention getting degrees. Two guys who could hang in the paint, rebound, handle and pass the ball, as well as shoot and slam-dunk.

Kouat Noi is just being short sighted and lazy. He never matched up with the best players in the Big 12 much less nationally, or never became a good floor leader in college. Much of the time he was being out rebounded by our point guards.

It seemed like there were undersized American white dudes all over the Big 12 who were knocking down threes and running the floor just as good as Noi was, who were dribbling, handling and passing the ball, and getting back and playing defense a whole lot better and in the process beating the hell out of us.

I'm not buying into the idea that he is doing this for his family either. Nobody is starving in Australia.
What family in Australia or Africa would want a young man who is on a full ride scholarship to drop out of one of the Top 100 universities in America?

This is arguably the worst take that I’ve seen on Kfc in forever. Making six figures a year for a decade or more can change the fortunes of most people worldwide. I’m putting this guy in the troll category for this post alone.

flyfishingfrog

This is arguably the worst take that I’ve seen on Kfc in forever. Making six figures a year for a decade or more can change the fortunes of most people worldwide. I’m putting this guy in the troll category for this post alone.
Where exactly is Noi going to make 6 figures for 10 years?

Some of you obviously have no idea what the average overseas player makes

Yes - there are a handful of guys getting pretty big money in the top tier leagues - but the guys you never heard of that aren’t leading the league in stats aren’t.

The top tier Spanish league pays an average of about $100k and if you take the top 10 guys out it drops way off - so there more $30k league minimum guys than $100k guys

It would almost be like saying you can change your life financially playing minor league baseball - it’s possible but pretty rare

Chasing the dream is great - but having a backup plan is pretty smart

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Where exactly is Noi going to make 6 figures for 10 years?

Some of you obviously have no idea what the average overseas player makes

Yes - there are a handful of guys getting pretty big money in the top tier leagues - but the guys you never heard of that aren’t leading the league in stats aren’t.

The top tier Spanish league pays an average of about $100k and if you take the top 10 guys out it drops way off - so there more $30k league minimum guys than $100k guys

It would almost be like saying you can change your life financially playing minor league baseball - it’s possible but pretty rare

Chasing the dream is great - but having a backup plan is pretty smart
Traveling the world and making connctions in a sport/industry/foreign country(ies) can be beneficial as well, even if you're not padding the savings account. Plus - and I'm not saying these two fall in this category - but for some that's the ideal after college life. Many 21-22 yos would love to scrape by while racking up incredible experiences that 99% of your peers will not. Hell, many 21-22 yos end up scraping by while racking up experience as a bartender at a chain restaurant. I can make that joke because I was that guy. And if I could have traded for the exact same financial situation while traveling in Spain or Italy or Turkey or China, you better damn well believe I would have.

Money isn't the sum total of a venture, and certainly not of an adventure.

Income numbers are elusive but GDP per capita in the Sudan is $4600 (most of that is nationalized oil production which does not trickle down). Compare with $53,500 in the US and $9780 in Mexico. Just possibly, Noi and his family have a different view of his earning ability and what the amount could mean.