• The KillerFrogs

B1G deal: Big Ten lands $7 billion, NFL-style TV contracts

Palliative Care

First the Mountain West is in the rear view mirror and we are not turning around. Second How weird would it be for us in the B10? We have no history or connection to them. We do have history with SEC schools who could less about us. I think our future whether we want or not is with the B12 or an expanded version.
But who know squat about the future of college football. Right now it is more speculation than anything else.
Do

Bizarro Frog

If the B1G does expand to TX I think it would be the Frogs because of airport access. That would drive the folks from Tech crazy. They have a ton of alumni here in DFW but their sports are played in Lubbock.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If the B1G does expand to TX I think it would be the Frogs because of airport access. That would drive the folks from Tech crazy. They have a ton of alumni here in DFW but their sports are played in Lubbock.
I believe that combination of factors: DFW and ease of access/egress, and the ability to showcase themselves in Texas with all the carriage fees and other lagniappe to go along with it make TCU an attractive potential addition. We bring things no one else can.

I'm hoping ADJD had an Old Style in it's natural habitat...

Long Time Lurker

TCU paying for a “work” trip to see a few alums and go to a Cubs game. He’s posting grinning selfies like a teen girl. ADJD is a lightweight who does what he’s told. They probably let him fire the track coach. When it comes to big negotiations he drives the big guys around and makes sure everybody has a beverage. Imho
You also thought we should give Gary another 10 years just because we beat Texas.

froginmn

I believe that combination of factors: DFW and ease of access/egress, and the ability to showcase themselves in Texas with all the carriage fees and other lagniappe to go along with it make TCU an attractive potential addition. We bring things no one else can.

I'm hoping ADJD had an Old Style in it's natural habitat...
I was going to get a pint of lagniappe but got a hazy IPA instead.

Never thought of an Old Style.

Virginia Frog

TCU is more deserving, a more storied program, and better ACADEMICS versus UT-Prairie.
I think our baseball path to Omaha is easier in the B1G.

...and N'Western needs another "major private" in it's mist.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
You also thought we should give Gary another 10 years just because we beat Texas.
Among other things. Of course I want the best for everyone. Sonny hasn’t done squat in his career compared to GP. If letting the punter and the 3rd receiver hold press conferences is the answer then we’ll soon see.

Something tells me this will be a very, very interesting week...
As I suggested earlier, if the Big Ten is now ready to add more schools, after getting their media rights contract done, then they might prefer making the announcement before the season begins rather than during it. Or wait till after the season. But by waiting, you risk credible leaks coming out during the season which they might want to avoid. Then again, any announcement this week may have domino effects with the PAC and Big 12 which roll into the season anyway. Then again, maybe the Big Ten doesn‘t care about disrupting the leftovers.

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

Poster on 247 is claiming inside source has told him Frogs are in continuous talks with the Big 10 currently and they aren’t an afterthought in this whatsoever
A couple of sports stations in Chicago have discussed numerous schools visiting Chicago. They’re presumed to be delivering their membership pitches in person, but who knows.
It is possible that TCU is one of them; however, I’d be stunned if Donati would Tweet anything about that.
The B10 is considering moving to 20, so they need 4 or 5 depending on the UCLA debacle.
Wash. & Oregon would be two of them, but I believe they may also be comparing what an addition of Cal/Stanford night broadcasts looks like versus a significant presence in DFW/Texas.
A friend of mine said the Score820 even mentioned TCU & Houston possibilities. The radio station claimed that if those 2 schools were in the B10, they would own a significantly bigger piece of their markets than they do today.
Bizzare to think about.

A friend of mine said the Score820 even mentioned TCU & Houston possibilities. The radio station claimed that if those 2 schools were in the B10, they would own a significantly bigger piece of their markets than they do today.
That makes sense to me. @Nick Danger made that point in early July. TCU would then be unique in DFW and the entire state. More of DFW and Texas would tune in because TCU would be matching up with the B1G and representing Texas. I, and I think most, would be excited about TCU matching up against B1G state flagships every week. The travel is what I do not like.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

I find this interesting:

This is presented as good news for Pac 10 survival, but it seems like a double-edged sword to me. I think the Pac 10 is worth more than the new Big XII. But if Oregon, UW and Stanford are individually worth not much less than USC and considerably more than UCLA, why won't the Big Ten just go ahead and absorb them as well? I don't know when, but I think that happens eventually.

Last edited: