• The KillerFrogs

Awful Announcing: TCU watches Clark Kellogg butcher team name on NCAA Tournament selection show

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU watches Clark Kellogg butcher team name on NCAA Tournament selection show​

"Keep an eye on those Texas Froghorns. They are a terrific team."

TCU Horned Frogs watch Clark Kellogg refer to them as the Texas Froghorns on the NCAA Tournament selection show.

By Matt Clapp

The 2023 NCAA Tournament men’s basketball field of 68 was revealed Sunday on CBS. The West Region features the TCU Horned Frogs as a No. 6 seed, and they’ll take on the winner of the Arizona State-Nevada First Four game on Friday in Denver.

That’s the TCU Horned Frogs. TCU. Horned. Frogs.

Read more at https://awfulannouncing.com/cbs/clark-kellogg-texas-froghorns.html

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Our family liked to laugh about the time a TV announcer said, "And heeeeere come the Foghorns" as the team took the field.

They made multiple mistakes yesterday. They first couldn't identify the conference that Houston was in, and then incorrectly said they won the AAC tournament. Then they showed a team that hadn't been announced yet in their bracket.

Limey Frog

I had the show on the background with the sound off. Highly recommend. I got all the information I needed and none that I didn't.

Also, Texas Froghorns is pretty funny. Seems more likely to upset Teasips than anything.

Virginia Frog

They also dis'ed the B12 Conference when they did their conference report of the # of teams selected.

In the order of the 68 placements in the tourney, they listed the B12 as #3 with seven.

They claimed that the Big 10 at eight, and the SEC also at eight were #1 and #2. This leaves the more casual viewer that these two leagues are best. Wrong!

They don't put these raw numbers in context. The B12 had 7 of 10/70%. The other two were 57% of their conferences got bids.
So, how are they #1 and #2?

More media bias coming through in a subtle manner.

grt

Dang, lite'n up everybody. The guy wasn't being derogatory. He was trying to give us a shoutout. At this point we'll take 'em anyway we can get 'em. He's always had nothing but good things to say about us.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
They also dis'ed the B12 Conference when they did their conference report of the # of teams selected.

In the order of the 68 placements in the tourney, they listed the B12 as #3 with seven.

They claimed that the Big 10 at eight, and the SEC also at eight were #1 and #2. This leaves the more casual viewer that these two leagues are best. Wrong!

They don't put these raw numbers in context. The B12 had 7 of 10/70%. The other two were 57% of their conferences got bids.
So, how are they #1 and #2?

More media bias coming through in a subtle manner.

I think it's at least as much media stupidity as media bias.