• The KillerFrogs

Austin American-Statesman: TCU football player lost ’17 season with injury from Sixth Street punch

westoverhillbilly

Anyone remember James Helwig. Played LB. I seem to recall someone tried this with him in. A Jacksboro Highway bar and put a couple people in the ER. Of course he also fought Smokin Joe in a a two round exhibition...

James Helwig was one bad dude (still is)- I got to know him a few years ago when he bought a property from me in East Texas.. He left TCU after his rs sophomore year after being SWC defensive player of the week against SMU because he didn't like the way Tohill and his staff coached.. He immediately became a professional heavyweight boxer and even fought Smokin Joe Frazier in an exhibition and didn't get knocked out..

Moose Stuff

A sucker punch is never acceptable and it’s obviously awful what happened Novak - and dude that did it needs to pay the price for his cowardly actions. But can’t stand guys who are so inscecure that they need punch someone because they were talking to their girlfriend.

I don’t think what happened to him is even remotely awful. As soon as you take on the role of bully pretty much anything is fair game IMO. Tough break jackhole.

Frog-in-law1995

A sucker punch is never acceptable and it’s obviously awful what happened Novak - and dude that did it needs to pay the price for his cowardly actions. But can’t stand guys who are so inscecure that they need punch someone because they were talking to their girlfriend.

A guy 9 inches taller and 90 pounds heavier than me is assaulting my friend and threatening more, but I need to be a man and wait until he’s looking at me before I stop him? Bull [ Finebaum ].

Chico Dusty

I don’t think what happened to him is even remotely awful. As soon as you take on the role of bully pretty much anything is fair game IMO. Tough break jackhole.

I posted this before the second article was posted/reported about the actual court testimony - where it didn’t say anything about him being the aggressor. Obviously second article reported something different and thus my opinion has changed.

Chico Dusty

A guy 9 inches taller and 90 pounds heavier than me is assaulting my friend and threatening more, but I need to be a man and wait until he’s looking at me before I stop him? Bull [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].

I posted this before the second article was posted/reported about the actual court testimony - where it didn’t say anything about him being the aggressor. Obviously second article reported something different and thus my opinion has changed.