• The KillerFrogs

Austin American-Statesman: Are the Horns' big bats big enough to get past TCU?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
[SIZE=12pt]Austin American-Statesman: Are the Horns' big bats big enough to get past TCU?[/SIZE]

Cedric Golden commentary

The only thing missing after Texas' Austin Regional triumph was a dogpile and some cider masquerading as champagne.

Coach Augie Garrido unleashed a belly laugh that would have made Santa Claus jealous in the postgame interview, and smiles were abundant after Texas eliminated the Rice Owls to move within two wins of Omaha.

So who can stop these guys? Could be no one. Except for the Longhorns themselves. ...

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jun 8 2010, 07:24 AM) [snapback]571153[/snapback]
They seem pretty confident in their team. Completely dismissing TCU. And their 0-3 performance in the Big XII tourney.

I didn't get that. Ced gave proper credit. And on HornFans the Longhorn baseball fans are giving Frogs plenty of credit. They are afraid. They are confident in their team, but most feel TCU is the best team Texas has faced all year. One post even went as far to say TCU is best team UT team will play all year including if they advance to the CWS. And one fan gave Texas a "55 percent chance" of beating TCU.

QUOTE(2314 @ Jun 8 2010, 08:36 AM) [snapback]571160[/snapback]
I didn't get that. Ced gave proper credit. And on HornFans the Longhorn baseball fans are giving Frogs plenty of credit. They are afraid. They are confident in their team, but most feel TCU is the best team Texas has faced all year. One post even went as far to say TCU is best team UT team will play all year including if they advance to the CWS. And one fan gave Texas a "55 percent chance" of beating TCU.

I agree that Hornfans was very respectful of TCU. This article was not as respectful. It explicitly said that the only ones who can stop UT are themselves. That suggests to me that they think we are nothing but a bump in the road for UT.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jun 8 2010, 07:24 AM) [snapback]571153[/snapback]
Completely dismissing TCU. And their 0-3 performance in the Big XII tourney.

I think everybody should dismiss their performance in OKC. I was there. They were barely even trying and Augie admitted as much in his postgame show on Saturday.

SnoSki

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 8 2010, 07:49 AM) [snapback]571167[/snapback]
I think everybody should dismiss their performance in OKC. I was there. They were barely even trying and Augie admitted as much in his postgame show on Saturday.

...which will hopefully come back to bite them in the rear. You can't just turn on/off your will to play. It has to be consistent. Yes I know they won last week, easily, but this week we may be able to pop a few runs on em before they realize it.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 8 2010, 08:03 AM) [snapback]571175[/snapback]
...which will hopefully come back to bite them in the rear.

It didn't in their regional.

SnoSki

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 8 2010, 08:09 AM) [snapback]571182[/snapback]
It didn't in their regional.

Which I said one sentence later.. :sleep:

We'll see what happens. Hope UT brings their A-Game so there are no excuses.

jake102

I think there are a few people saying that the best two teams in the nation right now are playing each other.

Texas probably has the 1,2,3 best pitchers in the nation followed by 4,5,6 from TCU. If either team scores more than 5 runs in any game I will be surprised.

Limp Lizard

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Jun 8 2010, 08:13 AM) [snapback]571188[/snapback]
We'll see what happens. Hope UT brings their A-Game so there are no excuses.

I don't care.

This is to get into the CWS, and it doesn't matter if UT plays their best or show up drunk and try to play. Winning is the only thing that matters. Don't care what their excuse is.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Augie does an amazing job of mentally preparing his teams, that is my concern regarding the Frogs, can they handle this situation...with Texas' pitching staff this is a huge challenge as it was last year

NewFrogFan

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 8 2010, 12:49 PM) [snapback]571167[/snapback]

If college baseball had "rewarded" them as they should have been, they would be coming to TCU instead. Problem solved. This we don't need to play "BS" attitude should have consequences.

jake102

There's plenty of teams in all sports at all levels who don't show up for certain games. See Cleveland Cavaliers, Indianapolis Colts, Lakers.... if you have the record to afford loses, then you deserve to do what you want.

The real problem is TCU having to play UT in the Super Regional. It's a bad situation for both teams.

yurintroubl

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Jun 8 2010, 08:27 AM) [snapback]571204[/snapback]
Texas probably has the 1,2,3 best pitchers in the nation followed by 4,5,6 from TCU.

UCLA has a couple of guys that may beg to differ.