• The KillerFrogs

Austin A-S: TCU fans, attempting (to) rattle Texas, merely galvanized the Longhorns in Big 12 road win

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU fans, attempting the rattle Texas, merely galvanized the Longhorns in Big 12 road win​

Horns now 5-3 in league play. TCU’s Jamie Dixon: ‘I haven’t had many losses like this. This is bad.’​

Brian Davis
Hookem

FORT WORTH — Not exactly Christian of the good folks at Texas Christian University to greet the visitors with, ahem, such unprintable sayings.

A record crowd of 8,412 — including a TCU-record 3,592 students — came to Schollmaier Arena expecting to see the Horned Frogs beat the inconsistent bunch from Austin.

Instead, Texas was galvanized Tuesday night in a rather dominating 73-50 win.

“It’s embarrassing,” TCU guard Mike Miles said. “We got our you-know-what kicked.”

Read more at https://www.hookem.com/story/sports...rattle-texas-galvanized-longhorns/9222719002/

Last edited:
“Texas dominated the offensive glass 15-9 and had a plus-10 advantage overall. That led to 15 more shots than TCU (13-4, 3-3) got the entire game.”

“We were dialed in,” Beard said. “TCU's really good. I think it was more about what we were doing tonight than what they weren't doing.”

“For the first time this season, the Horns played with an undeniable swagger. They were the group that just knew they would win.”

“Speaking of swag, that was (Beard’s) message for us, to just get out of our shells and just play tough and play with that swag,” Ramey said. “Timmy does a good job with that, and we just follow his lead.”

Last edited:

froginaustin

Nothing that I saw on the court led me to believe it was remotely winnable.
There are at least a couple of my Austin friends that I really do not want to deal with, probably until UTx loses again.

hiphopfroggy

TCU players couldn't even stand up last night let alone play basketball. My 10 month old falls down less than the TCU basketball team last night.