• The KillerFrogs

ATTN: All Those Now Bailing Out On TCU Football

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
think you are way off base as to why sonny wants to hire kendall, but each to their own

as to the issue that "current" tcu leadership has tossed aside the institutions integrity with THIS hire, that is naive to me as winning has glossed over things that have happened in the last decade or so but again, each to their own
You mean there weren't at least a dozen guys out there Not Named Briles who can coach and call an offense that likes to run the ball? Maybe more? No, Sonny knew who he wanted, and he was rushed through as quick as they could. He knew what he was doing.

I saw your reply to VD, and in all of those examples the public knew about them fairly quickly. There was no cover-up. There was no coercion of student victims or witnesses, or threatening of Faculty or Staff.

Eight

You mean there weren't at least a dozen guys out there Not Named Briles who can coach and call an offense that likes to run the ball? Maybe more? No, Sonny knew who he wanted, and he was rushed through as quick as they could. He knew what he was doing.

I saw your reply to VD, and in all of those examples the public knew about them fairly quickly. There was no cover-up. There was no coercion of student victims or witnesses, or threatening of Faculty or Staff.

first, the point you are now making about the hiring of briles is not what you said in the other paragraph, you know that, and no one has said otherwise

second, when did i compare anything of the things that happened while gary was running the program with the baylor situation.

as far as the public knew about them how did the public know about them in certain situations, situations that only came to light when a story was leaked by someone in the fwpd to say the star telegram

if i recall correctly in the case of the team doctor and gary, the doctor revised what he originally said and how many different stories came out about what fields was actually doing at 5 something in the morning when he got jumped and robbed?

before you run to the none of this equates to what happened at baylor line of response, again, never said the two were the same. merely that some keep posting here that the school has decided to turn a blind eye to some things for the good of the football program when there is enough public evidence without even digging much to things that were covered up and players who somehow disappeared off the roster in the offseason (i.e. carter and brown for example) to support the idea that happened a while back

Endless Purple

you haven't been paying too much attention to some of the kids tcu has brought in or tried to bring, specifically since joining the big 12

some grade risks, one kid who was suspended and thrown off his high school team, a transfer with a very interesting back story in light of the reaction to the briles' hiring

plus the things that were public such as a law suit by a player about claims how an injury was treated which was just a few years after an incident in view during a game between a coach and a medical staff member

hmm...then there were 4 players in the "drug sting", casey's transcript released, casey's dui, the fields issueS, the boykin incident at the bowl which i am certain is that only time that every happened while he was a frog, the turpin incidents.............yep, things have completely gone to win at all costs with the hire of sonny dykes

Players on campuses has always been that way. It is how you deal with them if they don't mature.

Drug sting players all kicked out by TCU
Casey forced into rehab and not playing until better. ended up hurting his career to get the help.
Fields kicked out and not brought back even after charges dropped
Boykin missed the biggest game of his career, and TCU played with a backup with little experience.

On the other hand
Baylor had a player given a degree and admitted to graduate school while in trial, and only removed after convicted.
Another player was allowed to stay in class with a female soccer player victim (against proper protocol to remove) until she left Baylor.

Endless Purple

Please double down on your intentions to quit the program and then post your football seat locations so we can all see what upgrade options are coming open this next go round. EXCITING TIMES FOR MANY!!!
Will probably keep mine if they don't jack the rates up a lot. Not sure I will attend games though until Briles is gone. Most likely just post them on stubhub to cover the costs until I attend again. Will have to do some real research (not message boards) before season begins.

TCURiggs

Players on campuses has always been that way. It is how you deal with them if they don't mature.

Drug sting players all kicked out by TCU
Casey forced into rehab and not playing until better. ended up hurting his career to get the help.
Fields kicked out and not brought back even after charges dropped
Boykin missed the biggest game of his career, and TCU played with a backup with little experience.

On the other hand
Baylor had a player given a degree and admitted to graduate school while in trial, and only removed after convicted.
Another player was allowed to stay in class with a female soccer player victim (against proper protocol to remove) until she left Baylor.

And I trust that TCU and Sonny will continue to handle things as they should, since they haven't proven otherwise.

Art, McCaw or any of the others aren't running this show. We're not Baylor.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
first, the point you are now making about the hiring of briles is not what you said in the other paragraph, you know that, and no one has said otherwise
This is because time has shown us that there were no other candidates. Only Briles. Again, Sonny knew precisely what he was doing, and the timing couldn't have been more cynical and opportunistic.

And, yes. I am holding this primarily against Sonny. Seemingly everyone has a blind spot concerning him now.

Sangria Wine

This is because time has shown us that there were no other candidates. Only Briles. Again, Sonny knew precisely what he was doing, and the timing couldn't have been more cynical and opportunistic.

And, yes. I am holding this primarily against Sonny. Seemingly everyone has a blind spot concerning him now.
Everybody with any shred of sense knew it was going to be KB as soon as we lost Riley. They would have had to get an overture from a total wildcard like Coach Bro for there to be any other possibility. It’s our system, our staffs prior relationships and the candidates ultimate desire to come back to Texas that made it the obvious hire to everyone. It’s no different than when Gary was fired and anybody with a brain knew it was 90% going to be Sonny. Time will tell if it’s the right hire. I’m betting time will judge this a great hire.

ftwfrog

And what does this say about the type of player SD is willing to bring in? I honestly don't know enough about the type of player he recruited at his past stops, but this hire tells me he won't have the same standards we're used to with GP. (I recognize we've had our problems, but there was at least an appearance of morality.)

Seems to me that we've entered a "win at all costs" phase. This could bring in a bunch of t-shirt fans if the winning keeps on, but it's sure to drive away some loyals regardless of the results--or at least decrease their passion and spending. It's a high risk situation. Hope ADJD has run the numbers.
Im laughing my ass off with this one!!

TAINTed frog

And what does this say about the type of player SD is willing to bring in? I honestly don't know enough about the type of player he recruited at his past stops, but this hire tells me he won't have the same standards we're used to with GP. (I recognize we've had our problems, but there was at least an appearance of morality.)

Seems to me that we've entered a "win at all costs" phase. This could bring in a bunch of t-shirt fans if the winning keeps on, but it's sure to drive away some loyals regardless of the results--or at least decrease their passion and spending. It's a high risk situation. Hope ADJD has run the numbers.
What are the collective thoughts on Gary and his sex jetting to Vegas? Or is that the kind of morals we can deal with?

ftwfrog

The fact that, in one year, he brought in an entire staff and led us to the best season in 90 years?? Yeah, maybe why we give him the benefit of the doubt.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass

Cynical and opportunistic? Define blind spot. I am admittedly short on information so looking for facts as to why some feel so strongly against this hire (aside from KB came from Baylor our arch rival)

Frog-in-law1995

Everybody with any shred of sense knew it was going to be KB as soon as we lost Riley. They would have had to get an overture from a total wildcard like Coach Bro for there to be any other possibility. It’s our system, our staffs prior relationships and the candidates ultimate desire to come back to Texas that made it the obvious hire to everyone. It’s no different than when Gary was fired and anybody with a brain knew it was 90% going to be Sonny. Time will tell if it’s the right hire. I’m betting time will judge this a great hire.
Baylor [ Finebaum ] notwithstanding, I think this may be the single best hire we could have made. I realize that comes across a bit like the “but other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln” joke, but he’s a great offensive mind who runs an offense Sonny likes and that we know can kick the [ Finebaum ] out of this conference, and he will fit right in with the current staff as seamlessly as possible.

ftwfrog

Baylor [ Finebaum ] notwithstanding, I think this may be the single best hire we could have made. I realize that comes across a bit like the “but other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln” joke, but he’s a great offensive mind who runs an offense Sonny likes and that we know can kick the [ Finebaum ] out of this conference, and he will fit right in with the current staff as seamlessly as possible.
Too much logic. We need more mindless outrage!

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Too much logic. We need more mindless outrage!
south park mob GIF

FrogBall09

What are the collective thoughts on Gary and his sex jetting to Vegas? Or is that the kind of morals we can deal with?
Why don’t you ask ADJD since the several of the guys on those flights are some of his best friends…

But did the other guys on the plane gang rape women while in Vegas? If so, Did GP try to cover it up and block investigators?

I love how you guys ignore the actual crime as if “ immorality” is all just to same

If the daughters of our HC or AD had been one of the girls sexually assaulted by football players at Baylor - there is zero chance any of the three former coaches we hired would be here today given how the Baylor staff tried to cover it up when told.